Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Omg, a parents' worst nightmare!! Trigger warning
1  2  Next

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:22 pm

I'm having a panic attack just looking at this picture!!! Hashem yishmor!!! Bh someone saw him!!

Last edited by Blessing1 on Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:22 pm
Hashem Yishmor!

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:38 pm
I can't breathe.

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:39 pm
Oy sheifele come to chickensoupprof I protect you.... It breaks my heart to see this. awww

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:39 pm
Filter is blocking.

What on earth? Please tell me what the pic is! My hackles are raised!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:41 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I'm having a panic attack just looking at this picture!!! Hashem yishmor!!! Bh someone saw him!!

Plesae put a trigger warning.
This is going to give ppl nightmares.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Filter is blocking.

What on earth? Please tell me what the pic is! My hackles are raised!

Toddler hid in the wheel well of a school bus during school dismissal, right in front of the tire and behind the bumper. Caption says the driver saw the little feet before he got in the bus.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:54 pm
I think this is an excellent visual PSA: keep track of your toddlers in a crowd.

Two weeks ago, I was getting DS and his friend from gan when I saw a little toddler go sailing out of the gan gates and turn the corner at top speed. I ran up with my baby carriage to keep her in view, and saw her run right out in the road, for sheer joy of running. My kids are all trained to keep their hands on the carriage, so I said "stay here," locked the carriage wheel, and ran after her. I waved down a car just before it hit her, and carried the girl back to her dad.

She was laughing at the wonderful, silly game. Toddlers have no sense of reality. If the place you're going is a riotous mess, then hold your kids' hands, or strap them into a carriage. It's worth it.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:56 pm
Actually traumatized...

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 4:58 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Plesae put a trigger warning.
This is going to give ppl nightmares.

You're right, I'm having heart palpitations. The thought of this happening ran through my mind a couple of times already in the past, and now I saw this picture, my heart skipped a beat!!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:13 pm
I've seen these pictures pop up from time to time on the internet and WhatsApp.

They are terrifying and everyone should always be cautious and check their surrounding.

That said, I'm not sure these pictures are real. Snopes has it as unverified and it seems kind of strange that they pop up so often but yet there have been no reported casualties from such a thing.

Again, always check your surroundings and be vigilant.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

They are terrifying and everyone should always be cautious and check their surrounding.

That said, I'm not sure these pictures are real. Snopes has it as unverified and it seems kind of strange that they pop up so often but yet there have been no reported casualties from such a thing.

This happened today, I think in Monroe.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:24 pm
Oh my gosh that’s terrifying!!! This is the perfect PSA to spread around to those WhatsApp groups and magazines.

cbsp

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:27 pm

The kid clearly has tzitzis. Are you sure Snopes fact checked this one?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:34 pm

Always ask yourself -- how did this photo come to be taken. The bus driver saw it, and told the kid to stay there while he got his phone and snapped a picture? Someone else saw the kid and took the photo to document it, but didn't rescue the kid?

That's why it looks fake to me, but I could be wrong.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Always ask yourself -- how did this photo come to be taken. The bus driver saw it, and told the kid to stay there while he got his phone and snapped a picture? Someone else saw the kid and took the photo to document it, but didn't rescue the kid?

That's why it looks fake to me, but I could be wrong.

The driver saw the kid there and snapped a picture before taking the kid out. I think it's very important that he took the picture to spread awareness. I know that this happened because I know the driver.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:44 pm
It also doesnt look real to me, but who knows...
The clothing style looks like at least 20 yrs ago

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

Listen, I know this happened today. It's your choice whether to believe it or not, but I think we should take it as a PSA regardless. It's a nes that our kids come home safely every day.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

But did it open your eyes to a new possibility?

Also. Some of my favorite hand me downs are from my 20 yr old cousin. It's just soft and cozy and adorable stuff.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 5:59 pm
Not sure why people here are so cynical. If you don’t think it’s real , then at least accept this stuff happens and we need to learn from it. Who cares that the kid is wearing outdated clothes? Who cares if Snopes doesn’t verify it? I know three frum kids that were killed by school busses and all were freak stories like this could have been. Do you also not believe me?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics