Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Omg, a parents' worst nightmare!! Trigger warning
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:12 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Not sure why people here are so cynical. If you don’t think it’s real , then at least accept this stuff happens and we need to learn from it. Who cares that the kid is wearing outdated clothes? Who cares if Snopes doesn’t verify it? I know three frum kids that were killed by school busses and all were freak stories like this could have been. Do you also not believe me?

I never said I dont believe you.
All Im saying is based on the style and the idea that a picture was snapped with the child there makes it look not real. But hey, it doesnt mean that it didn't happen.

I tend to be cynical on most pics thrown on the internet.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I never said I dont believe you.
All Im saying is based on the style and the idea that a picture was snapped with the child there makes it look not real. But hey, it doesnt mean that it didn't happen.

I tend to be cynical on most pics thrown on the internet.

Ok. But do you think that the point is to see if it's fake? Like really?

It's a scary thing to think about. And some pictures are sensational. But I think we can just let this be a lesson and move on.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:18 pm
My second teaching job was at a large frum school in Brooklyn which banned super hero capes as part of purim costumes. I thought this was so strange Until a fellow colleague told me that the year prior a four year old got off his tiny yellow school bus and the driver unbeknownst to him closed the bus door on the edge of his super hero cap and dragged this child several blocks to his death before someone ran out in the street to stop the driver.

Tragedies happen in an instant.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:05 pm
what confuses me is that a child that young, is usually under the watchful eyes of a Rebbi when they go to their buses. and why would he hide under the bus? he doesnt seem to be crying or struggling. He just intentionally hid there?
It's a crazy and scary picture.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
what confuses me is that a child that young, is usually under the watchful eyes of a Rebbi when they go to their buses. and why would he hide under the bus? he doesnt seem to be crying or struggling. He just intentionally hid there?
It's a crazy and scary picture.

Have you been at a bunch of cheders to observe dismissal? I have. It’s not pretty. Supervision is scant at best. I thank hashem every day that I got my son back, and with all his limbs attached nuch oich.

clowny

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:10 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
This happened today, I think in Monroe.

Oh my. My heart skipped a beat.

I don’t think this happened in Monroe. I think we would’ve heard about it here.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
It also doesnt look real to me, but who knows...
The clothing style looks like at least 20 yrs ago

The coat he’s wearing is extremely in style now. Plaid is back.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:40 pm
I actually can’t get to myself and couldn’t stop crying after the accident that happened last week in Brooklyn. I’m curious why there wasn’t any thread about that. And I can’t understand how the driver didn’t see the kids.
There is a go fund me page for the family of the little boy so they can write a Sefer Torah in his name. I don’t know if I could post it.
https://boropark24.com/news/yo.....rning

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:02 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I actually can’t get to myself and couldn’t stop crying after the accident that happened last week in Brooklyn. I’m curious why there wasn’t any thread about that. And I can’t understand how the driver didn’t see the kids.
There is a go fund me page for the family of the little boy so they can write a Sefer Torah in his name. I don’t know if I could post it.
https://boropark24.com/news/yo.....rning

I think they got out of the car in middle of the road while car was coming down the road and it was too late for the car to stop. They ran into the car.
It's a terrible tragic story.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 5:39 am
It doesn't matter if it's brilliantly photoshopped. It doesn't matter if it's Fake News. Learn a lesson, tragedies happen!

Have you never thought it was fun to play hide and seek? When I was 5, I hid from my teachers after recess, and no one even came looking for me. I was in a class of about 30 kids, but there was no head count. I could have been kidnapped. I could have run off and drown in the nearby creek. Anything could have happened, and nobody would have known until my mom came to get me. I learned a lesson that day. I can't count on adults. I have to be responsible for where I am. A 2 or 3 year old will not understand that!

When DD was in third grade, she saw a girl get run over and dragged by a school bus in the pickup zone, and it happened in front of half the school. She had dashed out from between two cars, and the driver didn't even have time to brake. There was an investigation, but it was found that there was nothing he could have done to prevent the accident. The girl did not survive. The driver was not fired, but he quit due to the trauma.

DD had nightmares for months after that.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 7:29 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I think they got out of the car in middle of the road while car was coming down the road and it was too late for the car to stop. They ran into the car.
It's a terrible tragic story.

No, that's not what happened. He got dropped off with his brother by the driver that brought them in from SI daily. For some reason unknown to me, the driver did not wait until they were safely on the sidewalk before continuing on, and he proceeded to speed off, crashing into the children. They were hit by the van they had just been dropped off by. The principal was at the door of the school and he saw it happening, and there were other children there that saw too😢

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
No, that's not what happened. He got dropped off with his brother by the driver that brought them in from SI daily. For some reason unknown to me, the driver did not wait until they were safely on the sidewalk before continuing on, and he proceeded to speed off, crashing into the children. They were hit by the van they had just been dropped off by. The principal was at the door of the school and he saw it happening, and there were other children there that saw too😢

Omg, this is horrible, terrible! Oy vey. Hashem should watch over all our children. I say a short kapitel tehillim as my kids get on their buses in the morning and my neighbor once made fun of me.... there's nothing funny about it.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Not his brother, but another child from same van who is B"H doing okay. Father is good friend of my BIL....my heart goes out to them.
So sad about that little boy. Breaks my heart. They should have an adult taking the kids out of the van and into the building, not leaving them to run out themselves.

number

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:45 am
Chayalle wrote:
Not his brother, but another child from same van who is B"H doing okay. Father is good friend of my BIL....my heart goes out to them.
So sad about that little boy. Breaks my heart. They should have an adult taking the kids out of the van and into the building, not leaving them to run out themselves.
If the principal was standing at the door watching the kids come out then that should have been enough. This driver was horribly negligent and is probably in prison now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics