Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can someone help me who knows about makeup.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:15 pm
I am looking for an all in one product for natural look, light coverage. Either a tinted moisturizer with SPF or a powder foundation probably. (Could be a regular foundation if need be). But the point is I don't want to do multiple products. I want a light, natural, not powdery look. Something I can brush on all over my face that will give a nice evening out and possibly light glow. I would love it if it could be a drugstore brand. Please recommend. Thank you.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:23 pm
It cosmetics cc cream or bare minerals tinted moisturizer

There’s also something called lumi glotion from L’Oréal which is delicious creamy and gooey.
You can get a darker shade to give a tanned look.

Btw, don’t rely on SPF in products. You need to use one separately.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:25 pm
Are you oily or dry? Or normal?

I am oily and use a tinted moisturizer from Amazon called Missha BB Cream. I have to set it with powder though. If you have dry skin you can probably skip it. It is a really beautiful product- pretty good coverage,, makes my skin look smooth, evens out tone. I just apply with my fingers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:29 pm
I am not actually sure I have always thought of myself as having oily skin but I might be basing it on my teenage years. Definitely not dry. I would say normal to oily/ oily.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:30 pm
I love the Winky Lux tinted veil. It's a tinted moisturizer at a great price, good coverage, moisturizing, and smells divine. Only downside is that it doesn't last overnight, so its not good for shabbos.

Anon because I recommend it to everyone.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:33 pm
I love the Bare Minerals Powder Foundation

Pink Flamingo

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:25 pm
It Cosmetics CC cream fits your criteria. Really nice coverage and evens out the skin tone. I like the natural finish, but the illumination finish is also nice because it gives a subtle glow. I didn't like the matte finish, it was thicker and looked cakey

flmommy

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 4:50 am
NARS tinted moisturizer. Go to Sephora and have them color match you.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 4:53 am
Physician's formula

STovah

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 5:02 am
I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for light but good coverage.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:10 am
I’m obsessed with Garnier BB cream. Found in drugstores. Makes my skin look candle lit Better than any of the Sephora brands

bernadette

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:28 am
I don’t know what your budget is, but I would not buy anything that I can’t try on. Go to a department store or Sephora. I’ve spent too much money on products that I couldn’t try because at Walmart you can’t try them. And it all went to the garbage.

taketwo

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:38 am
Revlon instafix foundation stick. Just make sure to apply with a thick round flat brush. Apply in circular motions. I use these brushes. I use a darker color foundation as contour, the the insta fix blush stick and their highlighter. That's what I use the little brushes for.

https://www.ulta.com/360-ultim.....S_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=pla-683425019412&CAAGID=107718645596&CAWELAID=330000200001544714&CATARGETID=330000200002459488&CADevice=m&gclid=CjwKCAiArbv_BRA8EiwAYGs23NIBvUeAJL0NRu-ITGR5BUElx-oNkCPVFvp7NEd8jm7yGtQN133vgRoChbAQAvD_BwE

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:41 am
bernadette wrote:
I don’t know what your budget is, but I would not buy anything that I can’t try on. Go to a department store or Sephora. I’ve spent too much money on products that I couldn’t try because at Walmart you can’t try them. And it all went to the garbage.

This! This!

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:42 am
Trying it on is unsanitary.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 9:18 am
Op, I don't know if you have tried these kind of products before but if you are oily I highly doubt just using a cream product will last well on your skin.

If your skin is more "normal" it might work. If you have tried it before and it works for you, great!

And for those dry skin ladies, all the BB and CC creams would probably be great for you.

If you want a powder, Makeup Forever makes a nice powder foundation (called matte velvet skin blurring ....) I have not tried it personally but have read really good reviews on it and it would be my first choice for a powder foundation.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Trying it on is unsanitary.

Putting it on for a few minutes and wiping it off
after a few minutes won't kill anyone. But right now they do not have samples to try because of COVID.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:17 pm
I think would I would like to do is put on a tinted moisturizer or a makeup base that has some mineral sunscreen in it. Then give a dust of some kind of powder that also has sunscreen. I am looking for clean products with no bad ingredients and chemicals and prefer something not too expensive. Please recommend products that would fit these descriptions. TIA

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
It cosmetics cc cream or bare minerals tinted moisturizer

There’s also something called lumi glotion from L’Oréal which is delicious creamy and gooey.
You can get a darker shade to give a tanned look.

Btw, don’t rely on SPF in products. You need to use one separately.

What about SPF in regular moisturizer? Not in makeup

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
What about SPF in regular moisturizer? Not in makeup

If you want real sunblock, use a separate one.
When it’s included in a product, it usually has very little amount of sunscreen in the product.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics