Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Time Sensitive- Lokshen

corolla

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:26 pm
After reading all the Shabbos meal threads, I've been inspired to serve my chicken soup with lokshen this week, something I've never done before.
Can someone help me out? Assuming I'm using egg noodles, when should I put them in? Will they disintegrate if I put them in raw and leave the soup on the blech?

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:28 pm
I always cooked the luckshen separately and added it to whoever ordered luckshen in their soup.

happy chick

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:28 pm
I put them in before it goes on the blech. It needs to still boil for the lokshin to cook. 10 min is more than enough.

Last edited by happy chick on Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom24.7

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:29 pm
Cook x fine noodles before shbs. Leave them in a bowl on the counter. Add them to soup when serving. Some people use tiny square noodles too.

corolla

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:41 pm
happy chick wrote:
I put them in before it goes on the blech. It needs to still boil for the lokshin to cook. 10 min is more than enough.

Would it still cool if the soup wasn't boiling?

corolla

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:45 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I always cooked the luckshen separately and added it to whoever ordered luckshen in their soup.

Do you keep it on the blech before adding it to the soup? I would have to do a kli shlishi otherwise.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:52 pm
Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. They need to boil about 18 minutes (different than pasta).
Rinse and drain. Wrap in silver foil. Place the foil on top of the soup pot cover or on top of the slow cooker cover.
Add to each bowl of hot soup before serving.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:55 pm
Cook before shabs. Put in bag and place it on the pot.

ETA-Add few spoons soup so it doesn't get dry.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

corolla

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:04 pm
Thanks!

ez-pass

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:44 pm
I use the instant brown rice noodles. Just put in a bowl with hot water before Shabbos, and I add it to whoever wants in their soup.

https://theglutenfreeshoppe.co.....edium
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics