Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Just for fun poll: how much do masks bother you?
1  2  3  4  Next

How much does your mask bother you?
I don’t feel it at all  
 3%  [ 16 ]
I feel it a bit  
 11%  [ 47 ]
It’s slightly bothersome  
 23%  [ 99 ]
After 20 minutes or so it’s not easy to keep on  
 13%  [ 58 ]
It’s always bothersome. I can’t breathe normally.  
 35%  [ 149 ]
It’s terrible. I can barely wear it. I feel like I’m choking with it. I prefer not to go out.  
 11%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 419

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:08 pm
Some people are just more sensory then others.

Fact.

Some people really struggle to breathe in masks and they don’t get any understanding from those that barely feel it.

What type of masker are you?

(Please don’t give mussar on this thread about- I wear it because it saves my life and all those around me yada yada... This is NOT what this thread is about. It’s about commiserating with others on our current situation. Thanks in advance.)

Last edited by SuperWify on Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:11 pm
Between the last and second to last. Depends on other factors.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:17 pm
I wear an n95, a blue disposable, AND a shield all day every day. The bridge of my nose is in pain for the first 2 hours until it goes numb. At this point, it permanently black-and-blue.
I can breathe fine, but I hate it because it hurts. So I choose “other”.

GLUE

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:21 pm
Am I the only person who's eyes sight is affected? I have a hard time seeing with a mask on,I were it as far down my nose as possable

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:21 pm
It's very bothersome but I manage. Thankfully I don't have to wear it often. Just in stores.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:23 pm
I have anxiety and as soon as I put on a mask, I get dizzy. I have a mesh mask, best thing ever. I can breathe & I'm wearing a mask.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:24 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I wear an n95, a blue disposable, AND a shield all day every day. The bridge of my nose is in pain for the first 2 hours until it goes numb. At this point, it permanently black-and-blue.

I don't believe you that you breathe fine with 2 masks on. Hashem didn't create our mouths and nose to be able to be covered all day and still be able to breathe fine.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:25 pm
I used to be fine with it but now I'm pregnant and it's awful, the masks make me itchy, sweaty, nauseous etc and I have to wear it all day at work

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:37 pm
I wear cloth masks. They don't bother me, except that sometimes they make my glasses fog up. If I had to wear them for long periods, I would switch to contacts (which I have).

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:38 pm
Inside I’m totally fine. Outside it fogs up my glasses (wearing it the same way I wear it inside with no problem!) so I pull it down when I can outdoors.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:39 pm
GLUE wrote:
Am I the only person who's eyes sight is affected? I have a hard time seeing with a mask on,I were it as far down my nose as possable
I have this, especially when going downstairs and needing to look down.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:45 pm
GLUE wrote:

Me too, like the previous poster, going down the steps are the hardest.

For me, bothersome depending on the weather.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

Ouch that’s painful.

This poll is not only about not breathing properly- it’s also about being bothersome on others ways.

For me I’m pretty sensory so I chose after 20 minutes I’m done. It’s hard for me to have something always on my face. Bh I don’t wear glasses- I wouldn’t handle it on my nose all day.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I have this, especially when going downstairs and needing to look down.

Yes! When I baby wear (daily) I have to be extra super super careful on the stairs; baby wearing masked is definitely tricky

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:53 pm
When I put a mask on I automatically stop breathing. I must be super claustrophobic in a way I never knew. It's very difficult. Worse that I can't take my kids to normal routine appointments because of it.

Genius

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:53 pm
Masks give me terrible acne, even when I wear it for short periods of time. Sigh.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:55 pm
Basically bearable, but it fogs up my glasses and makes my face break out.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Yes! When I baby wear (daily) I have to be extra super super careful on the stairs; baby wearing masked is definitely tricky

Yes, it's so scary going down stairs, I feel like I'm about to fall. I hold on the the railing and go extra careful.

blueberry6

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:57 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Between the last and second to last. Depends on other factors.

Same here. I'm a little traumatized from masks ever since I had to give birth in one at the very beginning of Corona, and the nurse kept telling me, breathe, breathe, you're not breathing and I'm like GEE I WONDER WHY!
And it was awful when I was pregnant.
I can't say if I would prefer not to go out because of it, though, because I don't get out much anyway these days. But I did notice a couple of times when I was wearing it for an extended period of time, I felt like I couldn't catch my breath for the rest of the day. And I also feel like I'm underwater and like my brain is wrapped in cotton every time.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:58 pm
I'm very sensory and hate hate hate masks. I have to wear it all day at work though (9-4) and I find that if I'm really involved in my work it's not at the forefront of my mind. Shaitels bother me also tremendously from a sensory perspective but I feel more professional in a shaitel so I used to wear one for work. I can't tolerate both shaitel and mask so the shaitel had to go. I only wear a snood these days.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics