Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Favorite parts of the Peter Santanello series

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 10:08 am
Hi everyone! Okay, so this is the OP of the other Peter Santanello thread, which I've seen has taken on a total life of its own. Hi, Shternie! So cool you posted and kudos to you for taking that risk and making a difference in the world!

I'm a "non-Chassidic", although I live in Brooklyn and my husband loves chassidish torah. I wanted to hear what everyone's favorite moments in the series were and things they walked away with that enhanced their understanding of the community in a POSITIVE way. Or some wisdom that really resonated with you.

Me first:

I loved when the chossid in Williamsburg wrapped himself in his tallis and told Peter that he will never experience the feeling of being loved so unconditionally by the Infinite Creator (or whatever he calls Hashem) like he does when he puts on his tallis. That was so incredibly powerful.

I also loved Rabbi Manis Friedman. I know that was more controversial and not necessarily chassidish, but it definitely gave me some new inspiration and something I was definitely lacking in my kallah classes.

Lipa was awesome - never knew that about him and gave me a new sense of respect for him. Easy to quickly judge his music.

The section on Chaveirim is INCREDIBLE.

Ha - I said one thing. There is so much to love about the series, I wrote more!

Share yours!!!!

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:03 pm
I only watched three videos. I LOVED Shterni's Shabbos table.

Fave

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:37 pm
Lipa’s interview. Thought provoking.

I find it amazing that even though he is one of 12 kids, his connection to his father is evident in every step of his life.

Rena K

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:37 pm
I loved the tallis part too!

I was grinning ear to ear watching the chaveirim video. I was so taken by how people give of their time freely to others. And I like that they kept saying they do for Jewish and Non-Jewish alike. So important.

The one about misamchim, also, smile growing wider and wider as I watched it.

I have not felt so happy in years watching random videos.

The Shabbas one was really nice, really portrayed Shabbas beautifully. Reason why I ranked the other two better, was because I think they are more relatable to general society. But the Shabbas one could ultimately cause a lot of Jewish people to start to keep Shabbas, or take action to further their inspiration.

It was truly amazing in so many ways.

Thanks for starting this positive thread. We need more positivity.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:39 pm
The chaveirim video was outstanding. Loved it. Would love to see more.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:47 pm
My favorite videos were the 1st with Shloime on 13th Ave and the one with Chaveirim Monsey.
Big fan!

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:47 pm
Can someone link the chaveirim?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:49 pm
cnc wrote:
Can someone link the chaveirim?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yeaV1l3NTsI

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:08 pm
I really enjoyed the one with Malky. It really resonated with me and gave me lots to think about. The way she balances everything. Her mode of dress and tznius. Her motherhood and life outside the home. I'd love to have such a friend!

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:25 pm
I loved the one with chaverim.

There was also one with msameach that made me ugly cry.

Rena K

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:47 pm
cnc wrote:
I only watched three videos. I LOVED Shterni's Shabbos table.

Totally agree! Shterni's house and table looked great! I loved Shtreni's dress, and her family looked beautiful. Everything was done with such grace. The most beautiful combination of surreal and real life normalcy. It was amazing to see.

IsraeliSoul

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:10 pm
I loved the shabbos video. I keep watching it over and over again. It’s so heartwarming and beautiful.

Also the interview with lipa. I respect and admire him so much. He’s a special guy.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I really enjoyed the one with Malky. It really resonated with me and gave me lots to think about. The way she balances everything. Her mode of dress and tznius. Her motherhood and life outside the home. I'd love to have such a friend!

I felt the same!

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:42 am
When they went into Mendelsohn's pizza I said hey, my 2nd cousin owns that store! Then Shloimie said it was his uncle's store! Quick phone call to my mother and I found out that Shoimie is my cousin too!

(I'm from the non-chassidic side of the family!)

mochamix18

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 3:35 pm
I loved the whole series, but I think what stood out to me was the episode with Beri Weber. I didn’t know he created this school for boys who are more outside the box with rescue farm animals to boot. So cool. I also loved the episodes with Malky Weingarten, such a powerhouse and inspirational. Also loved the Msameach episode.

ChutzPAh

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 7:33 pm
I don’t realize there were more than 3 episodes. I really liked the chashidish boy in the second video. So much Chein.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics