Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stores with mask policies enforced?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 10:14 am
I have know Idea about Monsey but, I know that there are some lingerie stores in Lakewood that are only buy appt. If you are willing to travel a few Hours maybe call them.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 10:39 am
Try Raza Designs for a robe.
I believe she would gladly accommodate you.
email bevluch@gmail.com or call 917-5861146
Razadesigns.com; Razadesigns.myshopify.com, Modestiq.com, #raza_robes

Can you get pajamas online?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I don't think a costumer has a right to ask the owner of a store to wear a mask. She doesn't have to shop there if she doesn't like it.
its the law ... so coukdnt the store owner gets ticket.
I think a customer has every right to expect stores to follow the law.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 11:46 am
Well this is all appalling. It’s not “extra precautions” to wear a mask. And we wonder why there’s a bigger outbreak.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Well this is all appalling. It’s not “extra precautions” to wear a mask. And we wonder why there’s a bigger outbreak.

Monsey has been going on normal since May/June and there has been no real outbreak.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Monsey has been going on normal since May/June and there has been no real outbreak.

That's not true, but keep trying to convince yourself of that.

And please don't suggest that people shop in small businesses in Monsey while making it impossible to do so. I live driving distance to Monsey, in an area without as much shopping. Before March 2020, I shopped there regularly, as did many of my friends. Since then, I've found stores elsewhere because of the refusal of customers to wear masks. I doubt I'll ever go back, having found other resources.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:04 pm
There’s really not much of a variety in monsey

Chic lingerie in the Atrium is nice but they don't wear masks.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Many communities have been back to normal since after pesach with no major outbreaks. There's no evidence that the cases now are linked to not wearing masks for the past 9 months.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:33 am
LovesHashem wrote:
So maybe OP should travel to Brooklyn or something. (I've never been to NY. I mean whatever is nearby).

It's odd to me because every place in my city offers private. Unless it's a not religious store.

You live in a haredi area, I assume. No lingerie shop in my area offers such a thing. Although I agree it would be very useful with teens.

And I am shocked that upthread you said the stores near you allow crowding and no masks.
I live in a busy secular city in Israel. All the stores are closed now in the lockdown. But when they were open, they were VERY makpid on amount of people in the store and everyone with masks. They all knew they could be heavily fined if they broke the rules.

And later people wonder why the haredi areas are suffering from catastrophic rates of covid. What do they expect, if unmasked shoppers are allowed to crowd the shops? Is there no police enforcement in your city?

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You live in a haredi area, I assume. No lingerie shop in my area offers such a thing. Although I agree it would be very useful with teens.

And I am shocked that upthread you said the stores near you allow crowding and no masks.
I live in a busy secular city in Israel. All the stores are closed now in the lockdown. But when they were open, they were VERY makpid on amount of people in the store and everyone with masks. They all knew they could be heavily fined if they broke the rules.

And later people wonder why the haredi areas are suffering from catastrophic rates of covid. What do they expect, if unmasked shoppers are allowed to crowd the shops? Is there no police enforcement in your city?

Trust me. I've been to malls during COVID with plenty of secular people not wearing masks. I do shopping in mixed areas and there's plenty of secular not wearing masks.

Most stores where I live are following guidelines. Its only one or two that don't. And actually I was mainly reffering to private sales in people in houses, where there's a sale for one nigh only or two nights only selling wigs or a specific brand and although most people wear masks they don't really limit people.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:42 am
I live in a mostly secular city. Stores are quite strict about masks.

Malls? Those aren't even supposed to be open now.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 12:07 pm
DrMom wrote:
I live in a mostly secular city. Stores are quite strict about masks.

Malls? Those aren't even supposed to be open now.

I wasn't specifically referring to now. Just during COVID. Where I live all stores are closed that aren't essential.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:06 pm
OP try calling Robe Gallery they try to be accommodating.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Try Raza Designs for a robe.
I believe she would gladly accommodate you.
email bevluch@gmail.com or call 917-5861146
Razadesigns.com; Razadesigns.myshopify.com, Modestiq.com, #raza_robes
Can you get pajamas online?

Looking for modest nursing, not 100% sure my size and haven't seen anything with easy exchange policies

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:09 pm
Is she paying extra for after hours? It costs more to hold a worker and they work very hard throughout the day that have after hours for a kallah that buys thousands of dollars worth

To not wear a mask is unethical

mandr

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:32 pm
If you're wearing a mask, why are you worried? If you don't think your own mask is helpful then why should others think theirs are?

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:34 pm
mandr wrote:
If you're wearing a mask, why are you worried? If you don't think your own mask is helpful then why should others think theirs are?

Your mask protects me and my mask protects you.

mandr

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:38 pm
elsily wrote:
Your mask protects me and my mask protects you.

Wear an N95 mask and you will be fine. Nobody's standard typical mask will protect you or them. If you can smell through it (which you undoubtedly can with these masks), the virus can go right through as well.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:10 pm
mandr wrote:
Wear an N95 mask and you will be fine. Nobody's standard typical mask will protect you or them. If you can smell through it (which you undoubtedly can with these masks), the virus can go right through as well.

You are incorrect. N95s do not prevent smells from getting through. It prevents tastes (that’s how they are fit-tested). I wear an N95 at work when I take care of covid patients, so I know what I’m talking about. And standard masks do prevent the spread of covid, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:51 pm
Op, I know someone in Monsey who is also very careful with masks and social distancing. She also doesnt know where to shop.
Did you call any of the stores to see if they would accommodate you?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics