Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Bypass a filter?

bernadette

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:13 pm
Due to work demands, my smart phone can’t be filtered. The filter blocks ridiculous things and time is money: I can’t wait for my filtering provider to open websites/attachments. My children’s school is after me.
Changing schools/moving/going off the derech is not an option.
Is there a way I could bypass a filter?
Or if you have a better solution.
Yes, I know a generous donation would do the job, but I’m not in a position to donate now.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:19 pm
Please DON'T share how to bypass filters on this or any other public site

Speak to a computer technician if you really need to know

number

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:25 pm
Filter your phone and get a tablet for work
Or you can get a filter with a blacklist instead of a whitelist

sky

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:28 pm
Would your school be open to other ideas I can’t filter my computer Bec it belongs to my employer. They were ok if the computer locks automatically after a certain amount of time (they would also like it in a locked room but I don’t have an extra room for that)
And monitoring. Like my work tracks my usage. You could get a filter that just tracks to make sure no unkosher sites are accessed but doesn’t block anything.

MommyM

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:33 pm
Do you need a specific Jewish company filter? Because if not, you can use Norton Family or NetNanny, where you can control what is blocked and unblock websites / categories on your own when needed through logging into your account.

bernadette

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:43 pm
It has to be a Jewish filter.

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:58 pm
Are you using the phone at home for work? If not, can you have two phones, one that you only use at work and one that's filtered? I know someone who does that. Her unfiltered smart phone stays in the office and she has a flip phone for her personal life.

bernadette

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:00 am
Notsobusy wrote:
Are you using the phone at home for work? If not, can you have two phones, one that you only use at work and one that's filtered? I know someone who does that. Her unfiltered smart phone stays in the office and she has a flip phone for her personal life.

Yes, whatever I don’t finish at the office I do at home.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:02 am
bernadette wrote:
Yes, whatever I don’t finish at the office I do at home.

That's a pain. Sorry, I don't have any good advice for you.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 1:08 am
Yes, do what 80% of high school kids do. Get two phones. Give in one ( the cheaper/ older one ) to get filtetered. Then put your sim card back into the newer phone. Tada. Most kids do it or at the very least know this trick. Only ones in the dark are the adults.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:42 am
If it's a good filter, they would have blocked all ways to bypass them by now.
You haven't even mentioned what kind of filter you have- was the phone bought that way? Is it an external app? On the data itself?

I agree the easiest would be to just get another phone.

Edited because I just noticed this is a totally public forum and I don't think such a thread should be available to anyone through Google anyhow.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:10 am
I'm very happy with my Gentech filter. They work with you to choose what should be blocked.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:13 am
What about webchaver? It doesn't block anything (you can choose what settings you want) but it tracks all the websites you go to and sends an email to someone of your choice (rabbi, etc) of your browser history.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics