Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Just for fun poll: how much do masks bother you?
Previous  1  2  3  4

How much does your mask bother you?
I don’t feel it at all  
 3%  [ 16 ]
I feel it a bit  
 11%  [ 47 ]
It’s slightly bothersome  
 23%  [ 99 ]
After 20 minutes or so it’s not easy to keep on  
 13%  [ 58 ]
It’s always bothersome. I can’t breathe normally.  
 35%  [ 149 ]
It’s terrible. I can barely wear it. I feel like I’m choking with it. I prefer not to go out.  
 11%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 419

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 1:00 am
I wear a surgical mask at work (full time). I wouldn't do it for fun but it's not a big deal.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:59 am
At first, it took me a long time to adjust. I thought I'd never get used to it, and I almost fainted a couple of times when out grocery shopping.

Now, it's just another bother to deal with.

The worst thing is being hard of hearing, and not being able to lip read. When talking to people with Israeli accents, it's even harder for me to understand. There have been times when sales people have treated me like I was really stupid, even though I told them that I don't hear well.

So, it's not the mask on me that is so annoying, it's the masks on everyone else! I mean, I'm really happy everyone is following the rules, but it's very socially isolating, too.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:13 am
Middle aged, glasses. I'm ok with it though I voted the second option, that I feel them a bit. I got a few packs from Old Navy for variety. I like the accordion fit.
The disposables dry my mouth out. Maybe they don't all get hairy but the ones I stocked up on do.

itsmeima

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:42 am
somehow we all got used to wearing a bra Can't Believe It

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:53 am
Off topic, the iphone to make your emojis, there’s a mask you can add. Smile

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:19 pm
I teach, and wear my mask 3.5 hours straight. It's okay. I voted second category

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:31 pm
itsmeima wrote:
somehow we all got used to wearing a bra Can't Believe It

Some people do without, some people take it off the second they arrive home, and some people were never bothered in the first place.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:45 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Some people do without, some people take it off the second they arrive home, and some people were never bothered in the first place.

And they’re not mandatory! If they were, there’d be a ton more bra-haters than there already are

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:44 pm
I´m glad people are admitting how hard it is. When we first started wearing them some were very adamant that there was no way that people couldn't wear them.
I have exercise induced asthma. It has gotten worse these past few years and even just walking a bit faster can have me struggling to breathe. So adding a mask to that makes it very very hard. I wear one when I go out, but it is hard. I do have a doctors note that exempts me, but not wearing one simply isn't an option, since I don't want to expose anyone and it isn't socially acceptable.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:47 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Some people are just more sensory then others.

Fact.

Some people really struggle to breathe in masks and they don’t get any understanding from those that barely feel it.

What type of masker are you?

(Please don’t give mussar on this thread about- I wear it because it saves my life and all those around me yada yada... This is NOT what this thread is about. It’s about commiserating with others on our current situation. Thanks in advance.)

I think you should remove the phrase ‘just for fun’ there’s nothing fun or funny about it

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:52 pm
I wear a mask most of the day. Take off for breaks when I'm alone in the break room. I wear glasses and they tend to fog up if I don't have the mask adjusted correctly. I wear cotton masks and overall find them comfortable enough. I add a piece of elastic to connect the ear elastics and wear it around the back of my head so my ears arent bothered.

I voted 3rd category because I have hearing loss and have a harder time understanding people with the masks. I also have hearing aids and if I wear the elastic around my ears the hearing aids pop out from behind my ears when I remove the mask.

Someone mentioned not seeing facial expessions. I have learned that we can communicate a lot with eyes. And I can tell when someone is smiling behind their mask or frowning behind it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics