Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Midwinter vacation

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 7:14 pm
We live in Lakewood and are looking to go away for two days one night with kids ages 3-14. We don’t want to travel more than two hours. Typically the kids say the best part is the hotel, and so even tho we wouldn’t be traveling far would like to stay over someplace. Are there any hotels within an hour and a half of Lakewood that have the pool open? We’re thinking to go to Philadelphia, any hotels around there that would work? In Philadelphia or any other place that would have museums etc open that could work for our family? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thank you!

rae

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:09 pm
You’re kids are the perfect age for the it adventure rope course in Connecticut. I’m sure there is a hotel nearby with pool open. There’s always local attractions nearby for the next day.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:14 pm
I was just looking into hotels with pools and I found the Hampton inn in shelton Connecticut. It has a pool with 150 foot slide and free breakfast. Google says it's 21 min from the ropes course. Of course call and find out covid policy etc and verify both locations I could be wrong because I don't know which ropes course another is talking about.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:20 pm
What about Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos? There's a water park on premises. https://www.groupon.com/deals/.....tns-8

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What about Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos? There's a water park on premises. https://www.groupon.com/deals/.....tns-8

It is it a kiddie water park or good for 14 year olds too?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I was just looking into hotels with pools and I found the Hampton inn in shelton Connecticut. It has a pool with 150 foot slide and free breakfast. Google says it's 21 min from the ropes course. Of course call and find out covid policy etc and verify both locations I could be wrong because I don't know which ropes course another is talking about.

Thanks so much! Will look into it...Any idea if there’s any kosher places around?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:03 pm
What ages is IT for?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:06 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

My 14 year old is a boy, a waterpark could only work if it’s empty...

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:18 pm
Do u have to wear masks at IT?

Any snow tubing near Lakewood?

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 14 year old is a boy, a waterpark could only work if it’s empty...

Try the camelback resort in PA. Or look into other ski resorts in the tri state area.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:31 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
What ages is IT for?

What’s IT?

rae

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:00 pm
IT is a rope course in Connecticut. There’s different levels for different ages.

sky

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:32 pm
Beer creek mountain resort.
I’ve only stayed there in the summer.
They advertise they have snow tubing and skiing. They have indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs in the winter. Rooms are big suites with kitchenettes. They have board games to borrow.
Just check what is open for COVID.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:25 am
rae wrote:
You’re kids are the perfect age for the it adventure rope course in Connecticut. I’m sure there is a hotel nearby with pool open. There’s always local attractions nearby for the next day.

Thanks for this info and the hotel the next poster shared. These look like great options. How long can we expect to be at the IT Ropes Course? Is there anything else to do in that area?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:22 am
Just know you have to check about the pool restrictions before you go . I think it's only one hr at a time and then sign up for more time. But it may be very empty during the week. You don't want to show up and then find out you can't use the pool. Also, I think there is an urbanair about 20 min away. You can Google that info.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:33 am
rae wrote:

What's it like to do the ropes course in the winter in down coats? What if 8 year old is scared of zipline?

rae

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:42 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
What's it like to do the ropes course in the winter in down coats? What if 8 year old is scared of zipline?

It’s a huge indoor place. No coats.

all is good

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:42 am
IT is an indoor ropes course. No need for dowm coats.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:13 am
As others said, IT is indoors and coats are not needed and would get in the way of doing the ropes course. There are two sides of the course, connected by ziplines, but you can do each side separately, and I'm pretty sure there was a footbridge to get from one side to the other without the ziplines. You could also just come down and walk over to the other side.

I'd plan on spending 2-3 hours there, and it can get crowded as the day goes along, so I'd recommend morning over afternoon. We loved Gillette Castle (~45 minutes away), and nearby is Book Barn, the largest and most amazing used book store you'll ever see, though check all of these (including IT) to make sure they're open during COVID and to see what changes may be in effect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics