Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where can I buy 54" quality leather headboards, reasonably?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:06 pm
Where can I buy 54" quality leather headboards, or other headboards that would look good w a traditional set, reasonably?

tweety1

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:42 pm
Chaims upholstery. He makes them custom. But he's very reasonable. You can see his work on Instagram.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:47 pm
Ikea

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:38 am
tweety1 wrote:
Chaims upholstery. He makes them custom. But he's very reasonable. You can see his work on Instagram.

Does he use genuine leather?
Or synthetic?

Thanks

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:38 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Ikea

I'm pretty sure ikea is not genuine leather

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Or synthetic?

Thanks

In my experience, custom upholsterers use whatever material is selected by the customer. I had some custom pieces done and I supplied and paid for the fabric and the upholsterer made the piece.

There is even a term when you purchase pieces at a regular store - COM - (customer's own) which means that if you don't like the limited choices that are offered, you can supply your own fabric.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:19 am
Amarante wrote:
In my experience, custom upholsterers use whatever material is selected by the customer. I had some custom pieces done and I supplied and paid for the fabric and the upholsterer made the piece.

There is even a term when you purchase pieces at a regular store - COM - (customer's own) which means that if you don't like the limited choices that are offered, you can supply your own fabric.

I'm not sure if that's the case in bklyn - some people just want cheap and want the look,, and don't care if its genuine leather, so I need to ask specifically for a place that offers genuine leather.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:22 am
I'm not sure if that's the case in bklyn - some people just want cheap and want the look,, and don't care if its genuine leather, so I need to ask specifically for a place that offers genuine leather.

Any upholsterer can make a headboard. It's probably the easiest thing to make.

You would be purchasing the fabric and paying for it.

That is what an upholsterer does - they make custom pieces and use the fabrics supplied by the customer. Since you are buying genuine leather and supplying it to him.

When you discuss the job, they let you know how much yardage you need etc. And they can also advise you on the best places. Have you ever been to a real fabric store that sells upholstery fabrics? You go through the books but leather obviously has fewer options except in terms of quality,

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:31 am
Living Quarters

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:37 am
Or synthetic?

Thanks

I'll tell you a little secret. I don't know. I knew basically what I wanted. I wanted a specific color. Needed it to match my bedroom furniture. I knew exactly what style and design I want. So according to that he showed me fabric. I never thought of asking because it wouldn't make a difference to me as long as it matches and looks beautiful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics