Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Shabbos erev pesach
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:44 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Is it really 930?
I thought you have a regular Shabbos lunch meal KLP and wash on pita ?

Nope. Its like any other erev pesach in that you need to have finished eating chometz and disposing of any leftovers and detritus by 930 or 10 (check time where you live). So you have to have your official seuda by then. A lot of people have a normal meal at lunchtime but because it can't involve hamotzi it doesn't count as the shabbos seuda.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:47 pm
imanotmommy wrote:
Maybe not everyone does, but I'm pretty sure we hold you have to eat SOMETHING at each meal.
We do something like, wash and eat Challah (not in the normal eating areas and not on carpet), eat fish, bench. Take a walk. Wash again, eat deli meat, bentch
Then later, eat a kosher lepesach meal.

We definitely hold that you have to eat something besides the challah, but being that its going to be breakfast time, I am thinking a light milchig meal. I would love to think of something nice. After all its still shabbos.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:50 pm
I think we’ll just eat early. Nothing wrong with a piece of hot kugel at 10am. After a long nap I think we’re supposed to have shalosh seudos. I’m remembering from 15 years ago that we didn’t wash that meal and instead ate fish, fruit and maybe Klp cake.

I know I always stress when it falls out like this but I always remind myself that if Hashem wanted it to be like this, who I’m I to complain? If it’s up to me I would skip having any chometz in my house that shabbos! But... it’s not what Hashem wants-

Also- if we got through last years crazy erev pesach with the whole world on lockdown and so many of us sick, I’m hoping this coming erev pesach will be much easier.

elisheva25

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We definitely hold that you have to eat something besides the challah, but being that its going to be breakfast time, I am thinking a light milchig meal. I would love to think of something nice. After all its still shabbos.

That sounds like a good idea .
But I am still confused ... what happens at Shalosh seudos ?
What do you wash on ?

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Many people hold that since the morning meal is your second Shabbos seudah, it needs meat. Which can be hard.

Also, napping is awesome for the people who have families that allow for it.

I didn’t know davka the second meal should be meat, only that two meals should be meat.
RE napping, yea, my family probably won’t allow for it, but it’s a nice dream!! 😂

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:15 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
That sounds like a good idea .
But I am still confused ... what happens at Shalosh seudos ?
What do you wash on ?

You can't wash for ss. You are not allowed to eat chometz after 930 or 10 and you can't eat matza before the seder.

tichellady

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:17 pm
Bagels, cream cheese and lox

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:19 pm
tichellady wrote:
Bagels, cream cheese and lox

Brilliant!!!!!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You can't wash for ss. You are not allowed to eat chometz after 930 or 10 and you can't eat matza before the seder.

I think you’re supposed to have a k’zayis of fruit. There will be many things published by the rabbanim close to shabbos hagadol so I’m sure we’ll be able to learn what we’ supposed to do.

Sprinkles1

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:49 pm
We will be having pita on the porch, definitely makes the least crumbs.

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Actually my dh was just saying that he would like to daven vasikin and wash and bentch twice before 10 oclock!

But I think most people will be yotzei with fruit for S"s.

baltomom

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:13 am
I love how everyone responding remembers so well what they last did 13 years ago!!

We used plain bagels for lechem misnah because they make fewer crumbs than challah.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:19 pm
Ok now I am thinking...smallish challah rolls so that so we don't have leftovers, yogurt and a really nice fruit platter, and klp biscotti.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:27 pm
Ok now I am thinking...smallish challah rolls so that so we don't have leftovers, yogurt and a really nice fruit platter, and klp biscotti.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:38 pm
Make plans, but don't set them in stone. They could change a number of times over the next two months. Especially when your husband comes home from the 'how to make Shabbos erev Pesach' shiur.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:07 pm
We use laffa (or pita if laffa isn't available) for the morning seuda with what would usually be our first course (liver, salads, etc.) we put everything in disposables & nothing goes back to the kitchen (refills come out in fresh bowls). After (early) mincha we have our 'main course' (pesach cholent, roast, chicken, veggies-whatever I decide to make when I plan menu) making sure to have at least some Mezonos (we eat gebrocts so most of our pesach cakes-and some kugels- are mezonos).

I love Pesach like this! Everyone comes to Seder well rested and not stressed. Even if you don't get a nap, you still aren't rushing around all day cleaning & cooking.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:15 pm
In Pesach we don’t eat kitniyot
But erev Pesach we do
I’m planning to make chicken with rice casserole for the day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:25 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Make plans, but don't set them in stone. They could change a number of times over the next two months. Especially when your husband comes home from the 'how to make Shabbos erev Pesach' shiur.

Needless to say, I am not buying the mangos 3 months in advance. And these are not halachic issues but taste.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Needless to say, I am not buying the mangos 3 months in advance. And these are not halachic issues but taste.

I doubt I’ll get much done until 3 weeks before...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:33 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I doubt I’ll get much done until 3 weeks before...

A woman after my own heart. Wink I start after purim.

But I like to think about it a bit in advance.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics