Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tampa, Florida Who’s Relocating?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 12:10 pm
Bump

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Right...effectively they are saying tuition is $7,000, free for families that can qualify for the vouchers. It's pretty impressive that they can run a fully functioning school for that price when most Florida schools cost around 15k.

However, the one thing I am wary of is what the motivation is for funding such a project? What incentive does the founder have to actually carry it through to fruition. It's a ton of work, coordination, planning, etc.

I do know a lot of Brooklyners had expressed to me that they wished they could move to FL but there is no chassidish infrastructure for their kids (schools, etc), and there are much stranger choices for locations than Tampa, by far! I think it will do well, if done right.

The tampa area is not cheap. In order to qualify for 7k in vouchers per child (only age five and up btw) a family would need to have a very low income. How are they managing the cost of living in tampa if they're all low income families?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 12:40 pm
Theres no services or help If someone who relocates there becomes a lucky one, Hashem chooses to give birth to a child with special needs, there's no services for those children. They will need to move back in order to get help and school for them.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:10 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Theres no services or help If someone who relocates there becomes a lucky one, Hashem chooses to give birth to a child with special needs, there's no services for those children. They will need to move back in order to get help and school for them.

There are services available in Florida, just not as abundant, or as easily, as in NY.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:14 pm
can see why one would prefer FL over NY these days

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:22 pm
I have heard from many people that Manhattan is deserted these days and that the subways are dangerous.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:24 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I have heard from many people that Manhattan is deserted these days and that the subways are dangerous.

Manhattan is not deserted and the subways aren't dangerous.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Compared to what it used to be, it’s a ghost town, although it’s not ACTUALLY a ghost town. Many businesses have been forced to close, and many people have moved out.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

It’s true. Many big offices are moving to Fl. Fl is the new NYC.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Manhattan is a lot more deserted than it once was and the subways are a lot more dangerous than they once were.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 2:04 pm
According to the news reports, people are slowly starting to trickle back. Rent is way down, so that may be an incentive. However, a lot of businesses closed or have yet to reopen (Broadway, etc). I think it's a long time till things recover. Eventually Manhattan will get repopulate. But it may take years, and it could look totally different with the types of people who end up living there.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 2:05 pm
flowerpower wrote:
It’s true. Many big offices are moving to Fl. Fl is the new NYC.

No, no it is not.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
According to the news reports, people are slowly starting to trickle back. Rent is way down, so that may be an incentive. However, a lot of businesses closed or have yet to reopen (Broadway, etc). I think it's a long time till things recover. Eventually Manhattan will get repopulate. But it may take years, and it could look totally different with the types of people who end up living there.

The news can report whatever they want. PEOPLE who go there, work there, take trains to get there are a more accurate source of information for me. Manhattan will repopulate, but it will not look like it used to. I hope those behind it are happy and got what they wanted....

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
No, no it is not.

Are you saying it’s not true that businesses are relocating? It absolutely is. Florida is a much more business friendly state than NY, and even more so NYC in particular.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 2:26 pm
Totally agree ema — facts on the ground

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:24 pm
I'm very interested in the tampa fl community but I want more info desperately. The prices and tax here in NY are crazy...and it's only getting higher

bernadette

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:27 pm
I thought this whole Tampa community went down the drain?

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:43 pm
My husband found out that some families moving down this week. Taussig is down there. The original plan with original housing went out but they got new land/homes from D.H. Horton. There is a real estate agent involved but not getting much info from her. That's why I really want to hear form someone with more info.

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:42 pm
There have been construction delays due to COVID ( understandable). He originally wanted to have more homes available for purchase by Pesach. The first few families have moved down to Tampa. There will be a kosher grocery store moving in ( The Grove. They have branches in Boca and in Miami). It is a mixture of Chassiduses. all types.

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:45 pm
bernadette wrote:
I thought this whole Tampa community went down the drain?

Can you tell me where you heard that?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics