Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami (Area) Shabbat Friendly Hotel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:14 pm
Are there any hotels that are shabbat friendly? The main thing would be that they have an actual key for the room. Any experience with this?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:23 pm
FWIW I travel a lot and have never stayed ina hotel with a real key and have never had a problem. There are so many ways around this. You can place all your valuables in the safe and leave a magnet on the inside of the door so that it looks closed and locked but isn’t. Or you could close and lock it and have staff open the door for you (so long as you don’t go in and out 10x I can’t imagine it being an issue. You can be up front on Friday and say here’s my situation can someone help with this. Or You can say that you left your key in the room (not a lie) and can someone help you to your room. You can also request housekeeping not come in to the room if you’re worried they’ll turn on/off the lights. Also on erev shabbos do a trial run wit the stairs to figure out which stairway is best and which won’t require (keyed) entry . I’ve literally never had an issue and I’ve stayed I hotels all over.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:05 pm
Ty for your reply! Any other advise you can give me if I decide to stay in a reg hotel over shabbat? What did you for food?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:50 pm
Try to stay In hotel that has a kitchen. Or a microwave at the very least so you can kasher its and warm up food for Friday night. A refrigerator (not mini bar) is critical. I don’t mean eating room temp food shabbos day: schnitzel, grilled chicken, salads, deli, deli roll etc. there are tons of shabbos lunch ideas that don’t require a heating element. Some people will buy or rent a hot plate or crock pot but they may be a risk in terms fire precautions (I don’t know as it’s not something that’s important to me)

rikki 1

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:28 pm
Grand Beach hotel on Collins and 48th has a few lower floors with actual Keys for rooms.

Good luck!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:33 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
Grand Beach hotel on Collins and 48th has a few lower floors with actual Keys for rooms.

Good luck!!

Before you plan to book at Grand Beach make sure you speak to someone who stayed there recently or at least someone who lives in the area and has been inside. I haven’t heard good things.

rikki 1

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:16 pm
I was just there last week and the staff was so helpful with shabbos related issues!

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 8:31 am
Best western Atlantic resort in Miami Beach has keyed locks and a manual hotel entrance.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:21 pm
estherj wrote:
Best western Atlantic resort in Miami Beach has keyed locks and a manual hotel entrance.

Never actually been there but we are considering booking in a few weeks. If anyone has had a shabbos experience there and can share it would be appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics