Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Where to filter my devices

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:04 am
Which place in Boro Park will filter my devices according to what I want and not make me crazy? I want a basic filter which will not interfere with what I need to do online, like shopping, using this site etc 😊

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:37 pm
Bump. Really need help with this

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:38 pm
Tag

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:41 pm
Tag keeps track of everything. I was there waiting for service and an employee was on the phone calling school parents saying their school asked her to call all parents and check their filtering. She was like tell us how many laptops, phone etc and the name of the filtering company and I'll look it up so you don't have to come in. Yes GenTech, I see your iPhone is filtered but you don't have your laptop filtered. The last time you used that other device was 3 years ago so that's probably your broken computer.
They can check what you're browsing.
Big brother. Yuck.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:41 pm
Will Tag be willing to filter according to what I want? Or do they have their rules?

nchr

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:49 pm
The rules are only according to your childrens moised not the filter place. Go to meshimer, tag, geder, or wherever and tell them what you want.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:53 pm
Will they insist I tell them which mosad I send to? I want a filter but am not interested in the schools specifications.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will they insist I tell them which mosad I send to? I want a filter but am not interested in the schools specifications.

They don't need you to tell them. Your school can ask them to look up your account by name.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:11 pm
So I guess I will have to filter it on my own if I’m not interested in being tracked by the school? They can check in all the filtering places? Ridiculous. Makes me tempted to leave my device unfiltered.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:12 pm
Orange, this doesn't make sense to me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:13 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
They don't need you to tell them. Your school can ask them to look up your account by name.
Anything stopping me from making my account under a made up name?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anything stopping me from making my account under a made up name?

ask Tag directly. This seems like a breach of privacy.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:17 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
ask Tag directly. This seems like a breach of privacy.

I heard them checking up people's filters on the phone. They had access to all the Jewish filtering company's systems. They asked the clients and then checked their devices.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:18 pm
Tag keeps track of everything. I was there waiting for service and an employee was on the phone calling school parents saying their school asked her to call all parents and check their filtering. She was like tell us how many laptops, phone etc and the name of the filtering company and I'll look it up so you don't have to come in. Yes GenTech, I see your iPhone is filtered but you don't have your laptop filtered.
Big brother. Yuck.

So this problem is from the school not from tag . I beleive tag has better what to do than sit and track what everyone has .
My phone has gentech and the only thing they really convinced me to take off is instagram ( they didn't force ) otherwise they were very nice with leaving shopping news or whatever else I wanted

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:24 am
Tag keeps track of everything. I was there waiting for service and an employee was on the phone calling school parents saying their school asked her to call all parents and check their filtering. She was like tell us how many laptops, phone etc and the name of the filtering company and I'll look it up so you don't have to come in. Yes GenTech, I see your iPhone is filtered but you don't have your laptop filtered. The last time you used that other device was 3 years ago so that's probably your broken computer.
Big brother. Yuck.

This is not true. Please stop spreading misinformation due to an overheard conversation. As someone who has volunteered for TAG, and whose family members still do (not in BP, but the TAG system is the same worldwide), I can tell you how the system works. Since TAG installs and manages filters, yes, they have access to the backend of the filtering systems. Just like anyone with access to the backend of a shopping website, a TAG volunteer is capable of looking up a client and seeing how many filters they’ve purchased. It will specify which device they’re on (Apple iPhone, Samsung, Dell, HP, etc) so that if the customer requires a change to their filter, the volunteer knows which device to make the change to. It also specifies if the filter is active or not (ie if it’s being paid for).

A TAG volunteer cannot see what you are browsing. Based on TAG’s relationship with your community’s rabbonim and mosdos, they may be required to enforce your school’s policy; I can’t speak for schools in BP because I didn’t volunteer there. In general, however, TAG’s policy is not to push you to filter more than you want; you have complete control over filtering level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics