Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Mid winter vacation ideas at home

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:17 pm
I am due iyh at the time my kids have mid winter vacation so we aren't doing anything really. ( 2 are off this week and one is off next week.) I happen to never take them away away for it but do try to do some day trips. They went away for succos and iyh we are going away for pesach to so they get their share of vacations. What can I do with them special while I have to work to finish stuff up for when I am on maternity l leave iyh or iyh have a newborn?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:34 pm
Play board games with them at home.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:37 pm
So many places have kits you can buy now. For example painting pottery, painting canvases, wooden plaques... I would order one or two and do them as a family activity.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:56 pm
Escape the room home edition (many different options on Amazon), Zoom with cousins they don't see often, order in a dinner they like

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
So many places have kits you can buy now. For example painting pottery, painting canvases, wooden plaques... I would order one or two and do them as a family activity.

Michaels was closing down near where I live. I bought tons of arts and crafts kits so I have those in case.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:22 pm
doctorima wrote:
Escape the room home edition (many different options on Amazon), Zoom with cousins they don't see often, order in a dinner they like

What age can do the escape room? I don't think my kids will get it.
Most of my husband's family doesn't do zoom so that's not an option. They see my side of the family all the time, but the oldest kid is two besides my kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children