Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Frum, accepting, open minded community for chilled chasidim
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chaya007

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 1:23 am
Hi I second the Chicago idea! I think it will fit your search. My husband and I have been here for a while!

As mentioned earlier, Rabbi Twerski’s shul is called Khal Chassidim. It’s a great mix of different groups of people. And Rabbi Twerski is quite inspirational, and his wife is super sweet!

Here is more info about the shul: https://www.khalchasidim.org/

The community is a reflection of the shul. Pretty diverse in terms of frum backgrounds. There are resources available for diverse needs. And many people are quite friendly and welcoming.

Good luck in your search!

busy mommy

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:26 am
I second the Florida poster above. There are so few chassidim here in south Florida. They go to the regular schools but there is no chassidish community. Yes to the open and accepting but no to the chassidish community

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:59 pm
Maybe Rabbi Goldberger 's or Rabbi Taub's shuls in Baltimore. Both have chassidish ravs, but have unchassidish members and are known to be very warm.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:17 pm
I second Milwaukee, Chicago, or Bayswater!! (Not in any particular order) Is Rabbi Twerski in Chicago the son of the Twerskis in Milwaukee?

chaya007

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:29 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I second Milwaukee, Chicago, or Bayswater!! (Not in any particular order) Is Rabbi Twerski in Chicago the son of the Twerskis in Milwaukee?

Yes, he is a son of the Milwaukee Twerski’s

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:56 pm
chaya007 wrote:
Yes, he is a son of the Milwaukee Twerski’s

Love them!!!! They are such amazing people.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:57 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Would you fit in in Staten Island?

I lived in Staten Island for a few years it sounds what you want

spiritualsoul

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:41 pm
Thank you all!!! Anyone have any ideas if I would find this in Israel? I would love to move there it just sounds so daunting! To all people living in Israel that moved from NY was the move doable? Was it worth it? Is life really hard there financially?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:50 pm
From what I understand, the Twerskis in Milwaukee are chassidush however the community around them is a mix but mostly yeshivish. Still, very accepting and for sure, school vouchers in Wisconsin. Don't know about Chicago.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:56 am
spiritualsoul wrote:
Thank you all!!! Anyone have any ideas if I would find this in Israel? I would love to move there it just sounds so daunting! To all people living in Israel that moved from NY was the move doable? Was it worth it? Is life really hard there financially?

We made the move, and not only was it doable, it was the best thing we ever did. But, not being Chassidish, I can't offer much guidance in terms of community. There are people like you in the very expensive neighborhoods of Jerusalem (eg Shaarei Chessed) but I don't know what the story is in Beitar or Beit Shemesh.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:51 am
spiritualsoul wrote:

You should post on the aliyah forum to get detailed answers. Be prepared to articulate your hashkafa, your career needs, schooling needs, etc.

Just to follow-up, here is a link to that forum:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....f=179

Last edited by DrMom on Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Success10

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:04 am
Tsfat would work if you're really out of the box. But very limited employment opportunities.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:38 am
I'll be the third person to mention Tzfat because that was the first community that popped into my head when I read the OP. I never lived there, (had friends who did), so I can't speak to the practicalities of actually living there. If you're traveling to Israel, check it out. If it's doable, it's a beautiful community.

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 5:15 pm
Hi. Baltimore is a very chilled out community. There are Chassidim here, but the schools there teach in English. There is Torah Academy, which is a Chofetz Chaim, and Torah Institute. Both have decent secular studies. There is a small cheder. There is a Bais Yaakov, it is a community school, so it accepts all types. The community is very accepting of all types

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 5:16 pm
Hi. Baltimore is a very chilled out community. There are Chassidim there, but the schools there teach in English. There is Torah Academy, which is a Chofetz Chaim, and Torah Institute. Both have decent secular studies. There is a small cheder. There is a Bais Yaakov, it is a community school, so it accepts all types. The community is very accepting of all types

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 7:58 pm
Yiddishetuter wrote:
Hi. Baltimore is a very chilled out community. There are Chassidim there, but the schools there teach in English. There is Torah Academy, which is a Chofetz Chaim, and Torah Institute. Both have decent secular studies. There is a small cheder. There is a Bais Yaakov, it is a community school, so it accepts all types. The community is very accepting of all types

Is it Torah academy? Not talmudical academy?

And are there any safe areas in Baltimore? What about parks, nice places to go to?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
How about the surrounding Monsey area's like Pomona, New City, Chestnut Ridge, New Hempstead?

I agree with this
Also Toms River New Jersey has a lot of this type

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:18 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Is it Torah academy? Not talmudical academy?

And are there any safe areas in Baltimore? What about parks, nice places to go to?

You're right. Talmudical Academy.
There's lots of hiking/parks, and things to do in the area.
There is no such thing as a 100%safe area anywhere in the world. That being said, the Jewish area of Baltimore had two areas , Baltimore City and Baltimore County. It depends upon what you're seeking, as to where you will look to go.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:42 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
There is no current chassidish community in Florida. There are chassidim scattered around and a couple of shtiebels but not any sort of cohesive community. The kids go to the community schools.

There's a new community starting in Tampa. They already have 15 families there I heard.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:44 am
Baltimore
New chassidish communities or existing communities
All types accepted and get along
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating