Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
What to use for diaper changes-newborn
Previous  1  2

DREAMING

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 6:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those of you who have your newborn babies sleep with you in your room for however many months, what do you use for diaper changes? Like I have a proper diaper changing station for the baby room but for those first x amount of months when the baby is with me and needing to be changed in the middle of the night I’m trying to figure out what I need.

What setups or products have worked well for you for that?

I bought a changing pad “pillow” and put it on my dresser. Later it went on the changing table

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 6:48 am
I keep a changing pad and a basket with diapers,wipes and cream on my bed for the first couple of months.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 7:04 am
I get changing pads that are vinyl underneath but cloth on top. Protects the bed where I change and the cotton absorbs any liquid baby may want to release during the change (vinyl only has the liquid on top of the mat, getting baby all wet). If I have extra chux pads, I might use those too especially for dirty diapers and just wrap it up with the diaper.
A few diapers in the bassinet and a package of wipes along with it, and I'm set.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:45 am
Thanks everyone for the ideas!

imaima

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those of you who have your newborn babies sleep with you in your room for however many months, what do you use for diaper changes? Like I have a proper diaper changing station for the baby room but for those first x amount of months when the baby is with me and needing to be changed in the middle of the night I’m trying to figure out what I need.

What setups or products have worked well for you for that?

I had wipes and nappies lying around somewhere and I put a clean towel or muslin on my bed and changed them.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:17 am
The bassinet by my bed has a basket underneath where I can keep everything needed for a diaper change. But I actually found it more convenient to keep a diaper caddy on my bed so I have to move around the least possible in middle of the night Wink

I keep diapers, changing pad, disposable diaper bags, change of clothes, and other necessities in it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics