Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid has 99% recovery rate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Have you seen the video?
https://drive.google.com/file/...../view

Crying Sad Crying

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:51 am
flowerpower wrote:
Lockdowns don’t work

Sure. The rates miracuously went down in New York for no reason.

In New Jersey, more that 2.28 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year. Think about that. People. Not old people. Not people who got covid. More than 2 in 1000 people.

In New York: 2.06 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Massachusetts: 1.95 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Rhode Island: 1.88 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Connecticut: 1.84 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In South Dakota: 1.82 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In North Dakota: 1.80 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Mississippi: 1.80 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Louisiana: 1.74 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Illinois: 1.56 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Arizona: 1.49 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Pennsylvania: 1.46 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Michigan: 1.45 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Arkansas: 1.40 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Indiana: 1.37 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In New Mexico: 1.35 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Iowa: 1.35 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Alabama: 1.21 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Tennessee: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In District of Columbia: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Nevada: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In South Carolina: 1.15 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Kansas: 1.15 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Florida: 1.10 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Texas: 1.10 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Georgia: 1.09 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Maryland: 1.07 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Missouri: 1.07 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Minnesota: 1.04 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Delaware: 1.02 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Montana: 1.01 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

Nearly 400,000 dead in the US at this point

And that's only the dead. Leaving aside the suffering of those who recovered. Who couldn't breathe. Who were bathed in sweat for days and weeks on end. Or hospitalized.

And the long haulers who still have not recovered. Including 15% of college athletes who had covid who have heart damage.

And who knows who else. We have no clue what the long term effects will be on even those who think they recovered.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:55 am
To add....

The US population is 331 million people.

If 80% of the population eventually gets covid, with a 99% recovery rate, that's 2.6 million dead. About 57,000 of whom would be Jewish.

Doesn't sound so trivial anymore, does it.

number

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:56 am
notshanarishona wrote:
These posts are so ridiculous and naive. Look on Facebook for Covid long hauler groups. See how many millions of people had covid months and months ago and still can’t return to normal. Look how many people have permanent lung or heart damage or developed other conditions since getting Covid.
It’s not just about the death rate. Be glad you don’t understand from personal experience.
I had Covid almost 3 months ago. I still can’t even take care of my baby on my own. My husband has had to shift his whole work schedule to be around most of the day. My breathing is still bad, etc.
This is the issue. Not the death rate but the long term effects. That’s why I hate when people cite the death rate as the reason we should be cautious. It’s the wrong message.

number

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
-said amother Peach

amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
-said amother Natural

I don’t know what game this is but I’m always happy to join.
-said amother Ecru

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:06 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Sure. The rates miracuously went down in New York for no reason.

In New Jersey, more that 2.28 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year. Think about that. People. Not old people. Not people who got covid. More than 2 in 1000 people.

In New York: 2.06 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Massachusetts: 1.95 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Rhode Island: 1.88 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Connecticut: 1.84 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In South Dakota: 1.82 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In North Dakota: 1.80 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Mississippi: 1.80 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Louisiana: 1.74 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Illinois: 1.56 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Arizona: 1.49 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Pennsylvania: 1.46 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Michigan: 1.45 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Arkansas: 1.40 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Indiana: 1.37 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In New Mexico: 1.35 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Iowa: 1.35 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Alabama: 1.21 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Tennessee: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In District of Columbia: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Nevada: 1.19 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In South Carolina: 1.15 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Kansas: 1.15 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Florida: 1.10 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Texas: 1.10 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Georgia: 1.09 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Maryland: 1.07 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Missouri: 1.07 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Minnesota: 1.04 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Delaware: 1.02 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

In Montana: 1.01 people per 1,000 people in the state have died of covid in under a year.

Nearly 400,000 dead in the US at this point

And that's only the dead. Leaving aside the suffering of those who recovered. Who couldn't breathe. Who were bathed in sweat for days and weeks on end. Or hospitalized.

And the long haulers who still have not recovered. Including 15% of college athletes who had covid who have heart damage.

And who knows who else. We have no clue what the long term effects will be on even those who think they recovered.

I'm not very good at math but I keep going over and over in my head to try to figure out how you got those numbers.

20,000 out of 8.8 million new jerseyans died of covid according to Google

I figured that to be one in 4,000 people.

that's just New Jersey you say the other states are even better.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I'm not very good at math but I keep going over and over in my head to try to figure out how you got those numbers.

20,000 out of 8.8 million new jerseyans died of covid according to Google

I figured that to be one in 4,000 people.

that's just New Jersey you say the other states are even better.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

First, I'm curious about what personal information you revealed in your post, causing you to be anonymous

I got my numbers here https://www.beckershospitalrev......html

20,349 deaths / 8.8 million population = .00231 = 2.3 out of 1,000

ETA 1/4000 x 8.8 million would be 2,200 deaths, not over 20,000

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:57 am
OP, are you volunteering to be in that 1%?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:03 am
number wrote:
I don’t know what game this is but I’m always happy to join.
-said amother Ecru

read the comment they each said. amother peach shows skepticism of gov and cdc etc and peach is a reference to peach magazine. amother natural recommends vitamin d. I thought it's funny but jokes explained lose the humor. oh well.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:09 am
I’d be so curious to know which side effects are worse.
Those who have Covid side effects, or those with serious side effects from not living a normal life in the last year.

People who commited/ will commite suicide, people who have serious mental issues, terrible depression, kids who were home doing nothing all year and it ruined them for life, people who lost businesses or jobs and are now destitute, etc.
These are so real, but less spoken about by our government, of course.

Does somebody have those numbers?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I’d be so curious to know which side effects are worse.
Those who have Covid side effects, or those with serious side effects from not living a normal life in the last year.

People who commited/ will commite suicide, people who have serious mental issues, terrible depression, kids who were home doing nothing all year and it ruined them for life, people who lost businesses or jobs and are now destitute, etc.
These are so real, but less spoken about by our government, of course.

Does somebody have those numbers?

"Ruined for life"? OMG! The horrors of an 8 year old not having playdates for a whole year. She'll never live a normal life, never hold a job or have children.

So much better if her parents died, or if she suffered permanent heart damage, than suffer such a fate.

I don't mean to minimize the very real social and economic effects of the pandemic. Our government should have done a whole lot more to help small businesses and help those impacted by the economic effects. Hopefully it will in the future.

And the mental health system in the US is ALWAYS awful.

But to use that as an attack on decisions that likely saved tens of thousands of lives is absurd.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
read the comment they each said. amother peach shows skepticism of gov and cdc etc and peach is a reference to peach magazine. amother natural recommends vitamin d. I thought it's funny but jokes explained lose the humor. oh well.

I, in company with plenty of other women here, have never heard of Peach magazine. I just read it as another criticism of unsubstantiated anonymous posting, which did not come across so well from someone who was herself posting anonymously.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:25 am
SixOfWands wrote:
"Ruined for life"? OMG! The horrors of an 8 year old not having playdates for a whole year. She'll never live a normal life, never hold a job or have children.

So much better if her parents died, or if she suffered permanent heart damage, than suffer such a fate.

I don't mean to minimize the very real social and economic effects of the pandemic. Our government should have done a whole lot more to help small businesses and help those impacted by the economic effects. Hopefully it will in the future.

But to use that as an attack on decisions that likely saved tens of thousands of lives is absurd.

Don’t make it seem like you thought I was referring to kids not having played dates. It doesn’t make your point look good.

I’m referring to some serious problems that kids got into over so much time home.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:35 am
SixOfWands wrote:

It's not just an 8 year old with no play dates. This is such a callous thing to say.

It's children with ADD, ADHD, ASD, and other mental illnesses that are being destroyed.

It's children in low income homes who are stuck without proper supervision because their parents need to go to Walmart and McDonald's to do their work shift,

It's children from abusive homes that aren't getting proper nutrition and are being hurt and school was their haven.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:37 am
Statistics are completely meaningless without context.

Even if one accepts 1% fatality rate - which I think is low - it is still an enormous number. The death rate from COVID in the USA by the end of February is predicted to be 500,000.

And death rates include those children and relatively young people with no pre-existing condition. The death rates go up significantly for older people (and not just real alter kockers) but middle aged or youngish seniors. And there are those who die who are young, healthy and had no underlying conditions.

And there are increasing reports of the damage done to people who had even mild symptoms as evidenced by x-rays of lungs which show damage as well as damage to hearts. Who knows what other kinds of damage will turn up in the coming years.

Here's some study of people who thought they had recovered and had relatively mild symptoms exhibiting symptoms months after "recovery" - these aren't the long haulers who never got rid of symptoms either.

https://abc7.com/covid-long-ha.....2046/

Many patients, especially those between 40 and 50 years old, who have suffered milder COVID-19 symptoms, are now showing up at the doctor's office months later with puzzling and debilitating problems. It's officially called post-acute COVID syndrome.

And it didn't have to be as bad as the US which had a response far worse than most of the other non-third world countries. And the current administration bears the responsibility for that - even with respect to viruses, they lied about the amount available and failed to prepare for actual distribution of viruses. Compare that to Israel and even England which had a coherent plan.

Yes I know that there are those who are going to post that this is fake news - but I will post this excellent article which describes exactly why Covid was such a disaster in the US when it didn't have to be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0.....epage

Last edited by Amarante on Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:47 am
causemommysaid wrote:
It's not just an 8 year old with no play dates. This is such a callous thing to say.

It's children with ADD, ADHD, ASD, and other mental illnesses that are being destroyed.

It's children in low income homes who are stuck without proper supervision because their parents need to go to Walmart and McDonald's to do their work shift,

It's children from abusive homes that aren't getting proper nutrition and are being hurt and school was their haven.

Why can't schools open and everyone get services with masks and social distancing?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:51 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Why can't schools open and everyone get services with masks and social distancing?

What about the children with severe behavioral needs who won't keep their mask on? Nonverbal ASD and the like.
How do you social distance in such a classroom?

And SD in a regular classroom requires buildings to stretch 3x the current size to accommodate the students.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:52 am
LovesHashem wrote:

Why can’t people respect masks and social distancing?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Vitamin D is very inexpensive and most people are deficient ... almost impossible to overdose on it .

I think that for many people to find the extra money for supplements is a challenge and I think that many people are served by convenience stores and other places where they pay more or end up with poor quality. It's also a matter of education. There are people who have to choose between things that are all considered necessary because of lack of money. Some people are forced to ration prescription meds and this is a bad time to do that.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:06 pm
I do take Vitamin D but the problem with the anecdotal studies regarding Vitamin D is that many people in the US and elsewhere have Vitamin D deficiencies so it's impossible to say with scientific certitude that Vitamin D deficiency is responsible for severe symptoms or that taking Vitamin D helps prevent.

This is especially true for those people in higher risk groups - older people typically get less natural exposure to sources of Vitamin D like the sun and even in the foods they eat. And sunlight exposure is obviously less helpful for POC of varying shades of color since darker skin color which protects against too much sunlight exposure in locations where it is natural also limits production.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics