Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
After Moshiach, what happens to the Xtians?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:54 pm
My DD asked me this today. I don't really know the answer or at least the best answer. We have non Jewish (Xtian) relatives so she is curious/concerned.

sushilover

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:36 am
Moshiach will bring good to the whole world, not just the Jews.
According to most sources, conversion will not be allowed once Moshiach reveals himself. What that means, we don't know. Moshiach has six jobs, so to speak, including teaching the world about Hashem, establishing the sanhedrin, and rebuilding the Bais Hamikdash. Will all six requirements be fulfilled at once? If not, can a gentile convert up until the bais Hamikdash is rebuilt? We can assume the answer is yes, but again, we don't know for sure.

The neviim tell us that life under moshiach means no poverty and no conflict for the nations of the world. It means everyone knowing Hashem, and having a relationship with their Creator. This explains why Zecharia states that ten gentiles will grab the corners of every Jew's garment and accompany him to Yerushalayim. Of course they will want to honor and learn from the People who caused Moshiach to come!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:13 am
Presumably, they will come to recognize Hashem. Whether that means converting or keeping sheva mitzvos Bnei Noach, we don't know.
Try to keep mashiach talk centered on Hashem, not on supernatural events that may or may not happen.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:03 am
We don't know. There entire sugya is vague, and the gemara says it's a waste of time/not recommended to consider it. So, for your child's purposes, I would say something along the lines of "we don't know what will be in the times of Moshiach, but we know that Hashem will restore everything to peace and happiness and everyone will be doing mitzvot because Hashem loves us, and we love Hashem."

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:08 am
I like sushilover's response especially.
Non-Jews speak of Armageddon fearfully and we too lehavdil fear chevlei Moshiach. We don't have a left behind/vaporized theology. IF, if talk of chevlei Moshiach comes up, reassure your daughter that Hashem loves us, and that chazal say that the way to avoid chevlei Moshiach is through chesed and maasim tovim.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DD asked me this today. I don't really know the answer or at least the best answer. We have non Jewish (Xtian) relatives so she is curious/concerned.

My kids have also asked me from time to time, and I know they're especially concerned about their wonderful nanny. I told them that all the good people will get to be there. We don't know for sure, obviously, but if I'm right, wonderful. And if I'm wrong, I'm hoping we'll have enough clarity then to be ok with whatever happens. For now I need to make it something positive for them to look forward to.

IsraeliSoul

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:31 am
Yes Moshiach is for everyone, xtians included. It’s gonna be good for them too. I only kinda feel bad for them because they’ll realize that jdude isn’t God.

Learning

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:22 am
Mashiach will come to gentiles also. They have 7 mitzvos and the ones who kept thesemitzvos will get their sachar ( if if they claim they believe in Yoshke because we don’t know what in their heart of hearts). But we are the chosen people and they will realize it and will want to help us serve hashem together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics