Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Personal organizer, is it worth it?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:17 pm
I'm debating spending on a personal organizer, either just for my kitchen or for my entire home. It's really quite expensive, between the cost of the organizer and the containers. My house is always flying, and my ADD is at least somewhat to blame. If you're someone like me and used a personal organizer, did you find it made a long term difference? Was it worthwhile and translated into a cleaner, neater home long term? Or was it just a colossal waste of money that fell apart sooner or later?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:22 pm
Y E S !!!

Worth it!!

Some sticks, some slides. It is not a regret.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:31 pm
yes!!!!yes! yes!!! yes!!!!! and Yes!!! again!!
I am add as well, and my closets are always flying. as much as I tried to orgnize it never lasted. I paid money for organizer but still didnt last...
until I found one organizer, that does it right, and it actually lasts! I took her just for the kitchen in the beginning, and got tempted to do the rest. its a different life when its done right.
and one that customizes it in a practical way that it should work with your lifestyle. for example: she did my neighbors pantry with all types of fancy bins, the ones you have to spill the cereals in etcc
for me she did totally different though , being that im not the type to maintain it . she made a bin for each catagory food. and her best hack is that she leaves no extra space whatsoever , bins fit perfectly like a puzzle, so there is no room for dumping..
she did it three months ago and it still looks beautiful. and I confess I didnt do any maintenance! the system is amazing so it just keeps. I have to think of a way to earn some money for her to do my upstairs... worth every penny!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:57 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
yes!!!!yes! yes!!! yes!!!!! and Yes!!! again!!
I am add as well, and my closets are always flying. as much as I tried to orgnize it never lasted. I paid money for organizer but still didnt last...
until I found one organizer, that does it right, and it actually lasts! I took her just for the kitchen in the beginning, and got tempted to do the rest. its a different life when its done right.
and one that customizes it in a practical way that it should work with your lifestyle. for example: she did my neighbors pantry with all types of fancy bins, the ones you have to spill the cereals in etcc
for me she did totally different though , being that im not the type to maintain it . she made a bin for each catagory food. and her best hack is that she leaves no extra space whatsoever , bins fit perfectly like a puzzle, so there is no room for dumping..
she did it three months ago and it still looks beautiful. and I confess I didnt do any maintenance! the system is amazing so it just keeps. I have to think of a way to earn some money for her to do my upstairs... worth every penny!!

Can I ask who you used that was so good?

Learning

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:06 am
Wow sounds amazing! I think the trick is to find a good one.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:23 am
Bumping for the morning crowd

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:29 am
I'm in lakewood, please post recommendations!!!

Angel

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:51 am
Yes!! Please. I bless her every day!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:13 am
Angel wrote:
Yes!! Please. I bless her every day!!!

Who did you use that you would recommend?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:17 am
sure! where do you live? I live in lakewood and used chaya malky scharf
I tried a few others over the years who did a beautiful job but never lasted like her work...
also, she is soo non juddgemental, which is huge

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:27 am
Yes!!!! Worth every penny. Tzivia Maybloom in Lakewood is amazing and completely non judgmental

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
sure! where do you live? I live in lakewood and used chaya malky scharf
I tried a few others over the years who did a beautiful job but never lasted like her work...
also, she is soo non juddgemental, which is huge

Can you post any contact info for her? Does she have an Instagram handle? Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yes!!!! Worth every penny. Tzivia Maybloom in Lakewood is amazing and completely non judgmental

Can you post her contact info? Thanks!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:01 pm
I have started organizing my home. It takes so much time and so much patience to find the exact container etc.
For that in itself Im wondering if a personal organizer is worth it. Literally someone else to figure out the sizes and do the buying etc...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:14 pm
Raquel zolty was really big in Lakewood does she still do it?

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:32 pm
It depends on YOU and what you do after your stint with the therapist organizer. An organizer is like a physical therapist: she assesses your problem and develops a treatment plan. she teaches you exercises and activities that will, over time, relieve your symptoms. In the office she does the exercises with you or to you, but she also assigns you exercises to do on your own at home. And you MUST do those exercises at home and KEEP DOING THEM even after you're no longer seeing her. If you don't, then you will swiftly return to your previous condition and all that money and effort will have gone to waste.

So..the answer to your question is "It depends." If you stay with the program and faithfully continue to do all the things your organizer taught you, then yes, absolutely worth it. if you slack off, then no, unless your objective is to whip your house into shape in time for your mother-in-law's once-in-ten-years visit and you don't really care what happens afterwards.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:39 pm
chaya malky scharf 917 731 2363

and zaq, I found that to be true with other organizers.. and I unfortunately didnt keep it up Banging head
with her it just keeps up itself..
one drawer I found didnt work and it became messy again, she came back and reorganized different way and its neat ever since..
I think her trick is leving nt even an inch of empty space so theres no dumping room, you havta put into bin. and its clearly labeled so why put into a wrong place...
also she makes sure that each bin big enough or small to hold the item so it should be inviting to put back
and many more ideas..

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:52 pm
Hi, also in lakewood, problem is I have no money. If I want to save up how much money are we talking about? My sister did my kids room for me for free! She spent alot of time im so gratefulAnd it stayed. I think she knows me so well she knew what would work for me. I need somone that could work for such a disorganized person like cuz my kids are suffering socially.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:21 pm
oh wow this sounds so tough... in williamsburg there is an organization called hilf and they can help for free718-388-8088
not sure about lakewood...
also maybe call relief if they know of therapist that insuranc covers they once referred me to someone that actuallly came to organize my house

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:24 pm
I think an organizer is useless unless you know how you will maintain it. I've been organizing my home (AKA waging war!) on it since Corona started. I've found that watching lots of videos on home organization and reading books more helpful so I can figure out what works for me.

Here's one of the biggest things: HAVE LESS STUFF. Yes, I'm yelling that. Most of us have too much stuff in too small of a space. The less stuff you have, the less stuff you have to take care of. It is nearly impossible to organize clutter and if it isn't something you really need, then it is clutter.

I like Clutterbug because she talks about different styles of organizing based on who you are (https://www.youtube.com/user/OrganizedClutterbug)

I watched the Home Edit on Netflix and read both their books. Their books are much more informative than the show.

I read A Bowl Full of Lemons books, which I really found helpful: https://www.amazon.com/Complet.....r=8-3

I read Marie Kondo and while I don't agree with a lot of her method, I like her folding. Clothing stays upright so you can pick one shirt without messing up everything else.

Then I went drawer by drawer and cabinet by cabinet. I'm not done, but I've made a lot of headway for a fraction of the price.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics