Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can pregnancy cause covid complications?
Previous  1  2

Angel

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:22 am
I had covid while pregnant, didn’t even know. Only found out when my husband tested positive and therefor I decided to take an antibody test.
I would not take the vaccine while pregnant since we don’t know much about that either!!

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I had covid while pregnant. Was not a big deal. My midwife said lots of her patients did and all were fine. I think someone is dumb to take a vaccine thay wasn't tested during pregnancy. There are many stories of fetal.demise post vaccination btw, even on third trimester. I wouldn't risk it.

There are many stories of fetal demise due to covid infection, btw.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:42 am
It seems that the Israeli government is about to reccomend it for pregnant women, and consider them a priority group for vaccination.

If you read the article, Machon Puah have also come out cautiously in favour of it.

https://m.jpost.com/health-sci.....55935

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:59 am
Deleted double post.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:59 am
The decision here isn't getting the vaccine vs. not getting the vaccine, it's getting the vaccine vs. getting covid.
Get your OB's opinion.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:23 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
No guarantee. Rabbi Lau got Covid after receiving 2 vaccinations.

He caught it BEFORE his second vaccination. I think he tested positive the day he got his second dose, or the day after.

Obviously you aren't fully vaccinated until about 5 days AFTER the second dose, and even then it's only 95%.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:25 am
Elfrida wrote:
It seems that the Israeli government is about to reccomend it for pregnant women, and consider them a priority group for vaccination.

If you read the article, Machon Puah have also come out cautiously in favour of it.

https://m.jpost.com/health-sci.....55935

Today's Hebrew papers, ynet, were full of headlines about pregnant women becoming critically ill with a new mutation.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:20 am
https://www.israelnationalnews.....95171

MainAll NewsInside Israel10 pregnant women, new mothers in serious condition with COVID

10 pregnant women, new mothers in serious condition with COVID
'This is a stronger, more violent wave of infections that is afflicting pregnant women,' warns senior doctor.

Arutz Sheva Staff , Jan 19 , 2021

Ten pregnant women and new mothers who recently gave birth are currently hospitalized in serious condition with the coronavirus across the country as of Tuesday morning.

Four of the women are hospitalized at the Mayanei HaYeshua Medical Center in Bnei Brak, with another woman, in her 31st week of pregnancy, who was hospitalized at Laniado Hospital in Netanya, being transferred last night to Petah Tikva’s Beilinson Hospital after her condition worsened.

Following her arrival at Beilinson, the woman, who is in her mid-30s and has no history of known existing conditions, was put on a respirator and the baby delivered with an emergency Caesarian section.

The baby was listed in stable condition after the delivery, and was transferred, while on assisted breathing, to the Shneider Children Hospital’s ward for premature births, and is currently in the coronavirus intensive care unit, and is listed in critical condition.

The mother’s condition is very serious and not stable, hospital officials said, with doctors fighting to save her life.

“This is a more intense and violent wave [of infections] than before which is now also afflicting pregnant women,” said director of Beilinson Hospital’s women’s health department, Prof. Arnon Vizhnitzer.

Another woman in her mid-30s, who is her the 21st week of her pregnancy, is currently being treated at Sheba Medical Center’s coronavirus intensive care unit. She is listed in serious condition following a recent deterioration.

“In this wave we see again and again cases of young people with serious infections which is unquestionably harming them to the point of being life-threatening,” said Dr. Yael Haviv, chief of Sheba Medical Center’s intensive care ward.

“This is no longer a disease which only afflicts elderly people with preexisting conditions.”

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:14 am
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
https://www.israelnationalnews.....95102

Tragedy in Jerusalem:
Hadassah Ein Kerem: Baby born to coronavirus patient dies
Hospital staff deliver coronavirus patient in attempt to save fetus in distress, but are forced to declare its death.

Arutz Sheva Staff , Jan 18 , 2021

A woman in her ninth month of pregnancy underwent an emergency c-section in an attempt to save her baby, but the infant died a short time later.

The woman, a confirmed coronavirus patient, arrived at Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital due to a lack of fetal movement, Israel Hayom reported. Upon arrival at the hospital, the woman was immediately admitted to the coronavirus ward, where she was met by a midwife.

According to the hospital, the woman had not felt fetal movement in 24 hours, and it took several more hours until she called a hotline. Upon admittance to the hospital, the woman was immediately placed on a fetal monitor, while the hospital called an obstetrician from a different ward to perform an ultrasound, which did not show fetal movement.

Meanwhile, the hospital staff prepared for an emergency Caesarean section in accordance with the coronavirus protocol, and the woman was taken to the operating room, where hospital staff did everything in their power to help alleviate the baby's complex and serious situation.

Following the operation, the baby was resuscitated and sent to the NICU in very critical condition.

The critical condition in which the mother and baby were admitted had effects later on as well, and the mother required certain urgent medical procedures. However, despite attempts to save him, hospital staff were forced to declare the newborn's death on Saturday night.

An investigation showed that the woman waited 40 minutes for a c-section, which according to the hospital occurred because "the staff protected themselves and prepared the woman for an operation, including anesthetizing her."

"We are exploring this tragic situation in depth, and obviously it was reported to the Health Ministry," a Hadassah Ein Kerem spokesperson said. "We emphasize that the hospital is prepared, despite the difficult limitations, to treat coronavirus patients who are giving birth. Our heart goes out to the woman and her husband. The Hadassah staff continues to embrace them and to aid them during this difficult time."

Pregnant women who contract coronavirus are considered to be at higher risk of complications from coronavirus, as well at increased risk of premature birth and Caesarean section.

Last week, it was reported that doctors in central Israel were working to save the life of a mother who contracted coronavirus and is suffering complications due to the virus. Her condition was reported to be very serious and not stable, and doctors are deciding whether to induce early labor.

May Hashem protect us all, as we need to protect each other.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:02 pm
I'm pregnant and spoke to my OB about it and it really sounds like a case by case situation for each person. She made it sound like being pregnant puts you at a slightly higher risk (according to some studies) and depending on your exposure you should or shouldnt get it. Like someone mentioned, this is similar to the entire corona saga and everyone and every doctor you speak to will have a different opinion. Find a dr you trust and go with them all the way based on your situation.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:14 pm
elsily wrote:
There are many stories of fetal demise due to covid infection, btw.

Stories are anecdotal. I suffered a fetal demise unrelated to covid; it was 7 years ago.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:26 pm
12 weeks pregnant here. Age 31.

I do not plan to get the vaccine while pregnant and possibly not while breastfeeding. I will base my decision on when to get the vaccine on the new studies that will be coming out as more and more people get vaccinated.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:31 pm
I just had covid really mild during pregnancy. Please make sure to take vitamin d and I took zinc too. I really believe that it helps. Many pregnant women have a very high vitamin d deficiency.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Stories are anecdotal. I suffered a fetal demise unrelated to covid; it was 7 years ago.

There are studies

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:40 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
There are studies

Can you cite the studies that demonstrate a clear and definitive link between covid and pregnancy loss?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Can you cite the studies that demonstrate a clear and definitive link between covid and pregnancy loss?

Obviously there’s no crystal clear link because Covid is only a year old. But I’ve read a few articles that show the stats, and that the studies are being refined.
I also work in the field, and we get new info and guidelines all the time.

Mothers

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:52 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

There’s definitely a concern here, and pregnancy was placed on the high risk for COVID list, this past summer. I wouldn’t make any decisions based upon what you see online, however. This is something to discuss with your obstetrician.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:39 pm
The studies for pregnancy during Covid are not looking great.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/940643_2
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics