Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What type

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:35 pm
We will be sending off our 12 year old to camp for the first time and I'm so so nervous about it . He is one before my baby , and was my baby for a long time . No he is not a baby anymore. He is a very mature lovable kid . I cannot imagine to depart from him for so long . So were looking into camp stolen, I know it's hard to get in but "we have a way to get accepted easier " so can someone give me information about this camp? PM are also welcome . I've never sent yet there and like to hear some feedback.

Are the boys English speaking?
Is the camp very on top of things ? Meaning are the boys well supervised?
Good staff?

I would love to hear since I dont know anything about the camp.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:48 pm
1) instead of the thread title being "what type" Rename it "what type is Camp Stolin". People won't bother to open a thread that is so vague.

2) your amother so no one can pm you

Hatzlacha

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:53 pm
Stolin is a chassidish camp. Boys from many different chedarim go there. They're yiddish speaking but I'm sure there are some English speaking boys there. But the staff is yiddish speaking.
The best idea for him would be to go where his class is going.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Stolin is a chassidish camp. Boys from many different chedarim go there. They're yiddish speaking but I'm sure there some English speaking boys there. But the staff is yiddish speaking.

Ok , Thanks . This gives me already a picture . Thanks!!! Sounds good!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 7:08 pm
Stolin is a chassidish camp. Boys from many different chedarim go there. They're yiddish speaking but I'm sure there are some English speaking boys there. But the staff is yiddish speaking.

Stolin boys are Yiddish speaking????

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Stolin boys are Yiddish speaking????

The camp is yiddish speaking. Boys from many chedarim besides for stolin go to stolin camp.
I'm almost sure the cheder in BP is also yiddish speaking. The melamdim don't speak English.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:16 pm
The camp is yiddish speaking. Boys from many chedarim besides for stolin go to stolin camp.
I'm almost sure the cheder in BP is also yiddish speaking. The melamdim don't speak English.

Have things changed so drastically in the past 5-10 years? My brothers attended the camp and yeshiva. They speak English primarily as do their friends. Their camp videos are in English. They do not necessarily wear chassidish levush, although there are many chassidish boys who attend the camp.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Have things changed so drastically in the past 5-10 years? My brothers attended the camp and yeshiva. They speak English primarily as do their friends. Their camp videos are in English. They do not necessarily wear chassidish levush, although there are many chassidish boys who attend the camp.

Stolin has their own levush which is pretty chassidish, just a different hat.
I don't know how it was 10 yeast ago, but today's days the staff/camp is yiddish speaking. The melamdim in cheder as well.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:12 pm
see these videos for a picture of what the camp is like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez65R9j9zSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAhJ64AsNKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....=359s

or go on Youtube and type in Camp Stolin

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:15 pm
I would imagine that the rebbeim speak in Yiddish but the camp activities are mostly in English. I think the boys mostly speak English amongst themselves.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:17 pm
The camp announcements are in English. The boys mostly talk English amongst themselves but there are those who don't. It's a great camp.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
The camp announcements are in English. The boys mostly talk English amongst themselves but there are those who don't. It's a great camp.

Yeah, it's an amazing amazing camp.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:40 am
My son went there for 3 years. Last time was three years ago.

Stolin is definitely NOT a yiddish speaking camp unless things changed in the last 3 years. The counselors, rebbi's all speak English. Announcements and songs are all in english. Excellent camp. Kids have an amazing time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics