Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The best gift you ever got- humorous edition
Previous  1  2

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:13 pm
I got one piece of miniature chocolate from my DH, for my birthday, because he knew I love it, but don't want to eat much to gain weight.

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:33 pm
ces wrote:
For my anniversary this year, my husband loaded up the car with all the pots and stuff I've bought but never toiveled, and we drove together to the keilim mikvah and toiveled all of them. Fantastic anniversary trip and gift!

err....how long are you married? And why is it "my" anniversary? Isn't it his anniversary as well?

Cheshire cat

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:36 pm
When I got married, my older brother, with whom I am very close, bought me a beautifully bound tehillim with translation. It was the perfect gift.

He went one better, by personalizing the tehillim with my name stamped in gold...

...but he printed my maiden name by mistake! Very Happy

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:57 pm
Kiwi, that is such a sweet story! I also want a unicorn!

silverlining3

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:22 pm
I love dairy donuts from a specific store.

One year Chanukah I asked my husband to get one for me but he kept on forgetting and I was like okay, tmrw is another day. (Don't ask me why I didn't go out myself and get one.) Then zos Chanukah he remembered again and went to the store, but to his disappointment they haven't had any left.

It bothered him so much that the next year he remembered without me reminding him. He went to the store so eager, the 1st day of Chanukah, they told him, sorry, we don't make anymore dairy donuts, to his disappointment.

The following year, our local supermarket had a good bakery booth. And yes, dairy donuts too!!! No Rosh chodesh kislev, all so proud and excited, he finally got his wife a dairy donut hahaha and of course one for himself too. Mind you, it was really good.

Rosh chodesh 'gift'

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:34 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Kiwi, that is such a sweet story! I also want a unicorn!

Unicorns are love! :-)

ces

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:55 am
zaq wrote:
err....how long are you married? And why is it "my" anniversary? Isn't it his anniversary as well?

Married 17 years BH. And you're right, I should have said our anniversary... Or my anniversary gift. Slip of the keyboard there.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:32 am
zaq wrote:
Still the BEST ad! I look it up every few years and it's just as hilarious as it was the first time.

OMG I have never seen that ad before. I hope someone got a huge bonus for creating it.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:02 pm
DrMom wrote:
OMG I have never seen that ad before. I hope someone got a huge bonus for creating it.

There's a great follow up video to it. If I can find it later, I'll post a link. Unless someone else knows it and. And can post it?

Amalia

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:22 pm
avrahamama wrote:
What sauce? Is it rare? Or just your fave?

I am wondering the same thing. 🙂

Amalia

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:24 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
My husband and I used to keep a wish list on our fridge so that if we happened to be out and see something each other out on the list we could surprise them with it. He wrote practical things like “new lunch box.” I wrote silly things like “unicorn.”

One year for our anniversary he bought me a really nice stuffed unicorn along with his “real” anniversary gift for me. I was more excited about the unicorn!

I love this idea! Thank you.

And the unicorn story is so sweet! 🙂

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:25 pm
For our tenth anniversary my husband presented me with his driver's license. He kept it secret. He tried a couple of times, right when we got married but failed & then let it go. He didn't need it so badly, as his & my job + both of our parents were local. Shul/school were all local within a short walking distance.

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:26 pm
I totally was going to post but there is no anonymous posting on this thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics