Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Massive amounts of homeless people being moved to Boro Park
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:36 pm
All the buildings that heimishe investors (who dont live in BP so they dont care ) bought from Maimonides and failed to rent out now they are trying to flip it to the city with 30% allocated for homeless people. https://twitter.com/BrooklynCB.....oto/1

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:39 pm
Good

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:40 pm
Providing housing means they will no longer be homeless.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:41 pm
Then they won’t be homeless anymore!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:44 pm
The concern is that generally there is a large percentage of homeless with severe mental illness, a number of whom may be violent or destructive.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
The concern is that generally there is a large percentage of homeless with severe mental illness, a number of whom may be violent or destructive.

True. The quality of the neighborhood will go down.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:05 pm
Unless you have lived in such a situation you don't understand the implications. Yes in an ideal world giving housing to homeless is a good thing. But the reality is that it makes the neighborhood very dangerous. A lot of the homeless people that are given housing are mentally unstable and will roam around stealing things, yelling at or even hurting children, standing in front of cars, etc. Bring homeless housing a residential area with many children is unsafe and unfair to the residents

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:06 pm
To all those who wrote "good".

Let me explain.

The reason why there are so many homeless people now is because Deblasio emptied the jails due to covid, the mental hospitals are putting them on the street and due to the bail law.

These are not nebechdig homeless who are on the streets because they lost their job and can't pay their rent. These are drug addicts, criminals, mentally ill and voilent people.

There are 3 girls schools and at least one big cheder plus smaller yeshivas in this area. This is an area with hundreds of families with thousands of kids. This is a threat to all of us.

Wherever Deblasio has previously shipped the homeless, whether on the upper west side or elsewhere, people are moving away. You cannot walk on the street without being menaced by a homeless person. Police are nowhere to be seen.

Because of the homeless problem, subway ridership is down 70%. There is barely a week when a rider is not being shoved into the tracks and killed.

But it's "good" to bring these people in our community. Tell me again, why?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:06 pm
Or the yidden will find a way to get the low income housing....

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Or the yidden will find a way to get the low income housing....

What?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:11 pm
Oy this is not good news. This will make the neighborhood unsafe.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:12 pm
To all the people saying or thinking “there goes the neighborhood,” you should know that there are people in the world who think this about Jews. Taking a group of people and making blanket statements about them is wrong, and you should feel ashamed.
I’m editing this because people seem confused about my statements : There is NO WAY that everyone in NY who is homeless right now is straight out of jail or a psych hospital. There were homeless people in NY prior to the pandemic and they didn’t all suddenly get housing when the pandemic started!!!!!! Do those people not deserve housing?

Last edited by elsily on Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:13 pm
In my part of Brooklyn they opened 3 homeless shelters for the mentally ill within 1-2 blocks of my house. It's sad and also not fair. My neighborhood was beautiful when I moved in- not Brooklyn- like. Now not so much. Some scary instances on my block.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:15 pm
elsily wrote:
To all the people saying or thinking “there goes the neighborhood,” you should know that there are people in the world who think this about Jews. Taking a group of people and making blanket statements about them is wrong, and you should feel ashamed.

I'm sorry, but bringing a large group of homeless people to any neighborhood wouldn't be taken kindly.

I don't understand what this has to do with non-Jewish people having a problem with Jews.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All the buildings that heimishe investors (who dont live in BP so they dont care ) bought from Maimonides and failed to rent out now they are trying to flip it to the city with 30% allocated for homeless people. https://twitter.com/BrooklynCB.....oto/1

Maybe that means they’re finally done with Far Rockaway....we have tons of homeless and low income buildings going up.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:16 pm
And for all those saying good, would you be singing the same tune if a large population of homeless people were moved onto your block?

It's super easy to be "good hearted" and "open minded" when this will have zero effect on you.

Report back when a large population of homeless people are sent to live on your block.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:17 pm
elsily wrote:

This happened in my neighborhood. My kids can't walk home from school alone anymore because of the homeless housing that opened a few blocks away. It's so sad because there are so many homeless people who are homeless because times were tough and they don't have family support and having those people living nearby would be fine. But the reality is that these housing complexes are full of drug addicts, mentally unstable, violent and downright scary people. To compare that to a neighborhood having a population change like a large Hispanic population moving in or a large Asian population or a large Jewish population is unreasonable. These people are not a simple population change, they are a danger to the neighborhood

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
What?

Why shouldn’t couples getting engaged now apply for housing in the low income housing buildings? If they are flooded with Jewish applicants, maybe more Jews will end up in these buildings, and it won’t be as bad as many of us think it will be.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:19 pm
elsily wrote:

Hmmm, no. I do NOT feel ashamed. I live in this area. I do not want to be afraid to walk to the grocery. We have different ethnicities living on my block and we get along very well. It is the voilent, mentally ill and criminals we are concerned about. You should be ashamed of yourself for wanting to put thousand of kids and adults, jews and non jews at risk.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 5:20 pm
If any of you were ever cv’s homeless, how would you feel about your new neighbors saying this about you? That was my point. You don’t want it said about you, you don’t want it said about Jews, but it’s ok to say about another group of people because you’re not personally involved? Gross.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries