Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Front loader washer/dryer

happy chick

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:00 pm
I have a relatively new front loader washer/dryer and I noticed that when I wash very few items , the wash takes a very long time (over an hour, when reg load takes 40 min) and the dryer goes very fast, but not completely dried. Anyone else have this?

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:19 am
Read the owner's manual including the troubleshooting section. You do need to put in a certain minimum quantity by weight , because the machine has a sensor that calculates how much water to supply and how long to run based on the weight of the load. My guess is that if your load is too small for the sensor to detect, the machine has no data and defaults to the longest possible cycle with the most water.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:37 am
I used to have a washer/dryer, and I hated it for the same reason. It took too long to wash, and used too much water.

When it came to drying, you could run it for 3 hours and the clothes would still come out damp, no matter how small the load was. I'm in Israel, and I can't afford to waste that kind of electricity on damp clothes that still need to be hung up to dry completely.

I ended up using it on "quick wash" mode only, and then hanging all my clothes to dry. That meant that in cold or damp weather, the drying rack took up half my kitchen space, but at least it worked.

When that machine finally died, I didn't shed a tear.

I happily got a wash only machine that is highly energy efficient, does an amazing job, and I will deal with the drying rack. Fujicom is an excellent brand.

Some day if I win the lottery, I may get myself a dryer, but it's not a top priority (no DH or kids in the house.)

bookie

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:46 am
happy chick wrote:
I have a relatively new front loader washer/dryer and I noticed that when I wash very few items , the wash takes a very long time (over an hour, when reg load takes 40 min) and the dryer goes very fast, but not completely dried. Anyone else have this?

Are you using timed dry or the normal towel etc options? I found that when I used the timed dry it dries completely as opposed to the other options.

And like previous poster said it could be your load is too small for the machine to pick up

happy chick

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:30 am
Load too small makes sense. I wash my baby's balnket very often and I like to wash it separate. It's a big machine (think twin linen for 2 beds) and just a blanket is almost empty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry