Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can I loose 20 pounds by Pesach?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:00 am
I am at my absolute heaviest! Almost more than I weighed at end of my pregnancies. It creeping up and getting out of control. I need to loose 20 lbs by Pesach. Help! I need a plan!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:04 am
It's prob possible for you too but I wouldn't focus on that right now. I would start by working out daily. Also start watching what you eat. With cutting out a few things and changes some habits you will see you will start loosing weight

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:07 am
I’m doing weight watchers now. Have15 lbs to loose. Losing about 1-1.5 lbs per week. It’s really not so hard eating tons of great food never hungry.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:11 am
I have a very difficult time losing weight. Tried so many things over the years. Started the Fast metabolism diet 13 weeks ago and have lost over 26 pounds. Have never felt so good bh. It's been a life changer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:12 am
What is the fast metabolism diet?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:21 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I have a very difficult time losing weight. Tried so many things over the years. Started the Fast metabolism diet 13 weeks ago and have lost over 26 pounds. Have never felt so good bh. It's been a life changer.

What is that? Can you explain?

fiji

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:33 pm
Do keto. You lose pretty quickly and can maintain it as long as you stay on the diet (which I find very enjoyable).

JD03

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

This sounds interesting! Can you explain what this diet is, please?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:46 pm
If you stick with your food plan- whatever it is, you can loose 10 pounds by pesach. Personally I recommend weight watchers but do whatever you think you can stick with.
Yes, 20 pounds but that’s only if you absolutely starve yourself and I guarantee you will only gain it all back that way.
FYI- I’m on weight watchers and I want you to see what I ate today so you don’t have to be scared that you’ll be walking around all day hungry and feeling deprived.
I ate a Stern’s ‘pastry to go’ chocolate danish with a coffee with Splenda
Then a weight watchers bbq chips snack bag
A few grapes
Lunch is a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich using reduced fat American cheese... and a Greek yogurt cheese snack
Lots of water
More coffee
Not sure about dinner yet...

If I can do it,YOU can do it!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:11 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
If you stick with your food plan- whatever it is, you can loose 10 pounds by pesach. Personally I recommend weight watchers but do whatever you think you can stick with.
Yes, 20 pounds but that’s only if you absolutely starve yourself and I guarantee you will only gain it all back that way.
FYI- I’m on weight watchers and I want you to see what I ate today so you don’t have to be scared that you’ll be walking around all day hungry and feeling deprived.
A few grapes
Lunch is a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich using reduced fat American cheese... and a Greek yogurt cheese snack
Lots of water
More coffee

I just started Weight Watchers and I’m feeling so satisfied with my food. It will take longer to lose than the more extreme diets, but I think it’s worth the feeling of not feeling deprived. That’s usually when I begin cheating.
Today I ate so far:

Breakfast: Whole wheat roll with a slice of Muenster cheese and lettuce

Lunch: A can of white tuna, 2 tbsp light mayo, cabbage salad

Supper:
Chicken
1 cup Brown rice
1/2 cup Chick peas
Zuchinni

Snacks: Apple , banana

And I still have leftover points for the day if I want to eat more or something else.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I just started Weight Watchers and I’m feeling so satisfied with my food. It will take longer to lose than the more extreme diets, but I think it’s worth the feeling of not feeling deprived. That’s usually when I begin cheating.
Today I ate so far:

Breakfast: Whole wheat roll with a slice of Muenster cheese and lettuce

Lunch: A can of white tuna, 2 tbsp light mayo, cabbage salad

Supper:
Chicken
1 cup Brown rice
1/2 cup Chick peas
Zuchinni

Snacks: Apple , banana

And I still have leftover points for the day if I want to eat more or something else.

The thing about weight watchers is that aside for it not being depriving, the weight you loose will stay off. Unlike most other diets- as soon as your finished dieting it all comes back.
Which plan are you on? From your menu today it looks like you’re either on blue or purple.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
The thing about weight watchers is that aside for it not being depriving, the weight you loose will stay off. Unlike most other diets- as soon as your finished dieting it all comes back.
Which plan are you on? From your menu today it looks like you’re either on blue or purple.

I’m actually on the green plan

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I’m actually on the green plan

Lol! Me too! I thought with the brown rice and fish it might be purple... (zero points on purple)

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:37 pm
If you do the Trim You spray diet starting right away you will lose around 20lbs by pesach. (you need 25-30 days+ 3 weeks before pesach)

Last edited by miami85 on Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:38 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
A few grapes
Lots of water
More coffee

I’m on green. How many points is the sterns pastry you ate and how did you figure?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I’m on green. How many points is the sterns pastry you ate and how did you figure?

6 points
Just use the food calculator on the app

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:42 pm
I lost 20 lbs on MyFitnessPal. I never got down to my goal weight but I kept it off for over a year.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:44 pm
[quote="amother [ Cerise ]"]What is that? Can you explain?[/quote
There is a book The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It's basically three phases. First for 2days, second for next two days and phase three for last three days of the week.
The book is a couple of dollars on Amazon, and really works beautifully.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:47 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

I hope so - last year I did intermittent fasting. I lost a lot very fast. But as soon as I stopped it all came back plus a lot more. Really fast.

I’m on purple. Today I ate:

Breakfast: 2 eggs + fat free cottage cheese + cinnamon and Splenda in waffle maker
Coffee
Snacks: baked apple, carrots, tea
Lunch: tilapia and sugar snap peas
Snack: homemade microwave popcorn
Supper: chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli.

And I had a cheese muffin at a bris. I have no clue how many points so trying to keep rest of the day free.

We should start a weight watcher thread for ideas

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:30 pm
I joined weight watchers right after pesach last year and lost 25 lbs in 3 months. I also made sure to exercise every night - 15 to 30 minutes depending on what I had time for.
I went off around succos time and have gained back about 3 lbs since then, and I've not been so careful. (I'm thinking of restarting soon because I really have another 10 to go until I'm at my ideal weight.)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise