Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Opinion on Nordstrom’s shoe return policy
Previous  1  2

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:47 am
Taking advantage of a return policy using the stuff and returning I think is wrong. They're nice enough to let return used stuff if if you tried and weren't satisfied. At one point people were returning shoes after quite a while to get new ones.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:55 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I'm a big returner. No - I would never return slippers that are 1.5 years old.

This reminds me of a traumatizing story.
I one time went to sephora to return a face cream that I had used multiple times but that I found did not work for me. I had the receipt and was within the time frame to return. There was a young girl behind the counter. She asked me if it was used. I said yes I used it multiple times and as it takes some time to see if this product works or not I see that it is useless for me and want to return. She started talking in a loud voice, I'm going to get a manager. The manager comes out and in a loud embarrassing way says, no we cannot take 1/2 used products. The product was used for 3 weeks - I did probably use about 1/4 of the item. I can't tell you how mortified I was. This was a sephora in howell on a busy Sunday morning, lots of frum people in the store as well as regular shoppers. I walked out almost crying. I contemplated calling the corporate office but then just gave it up. After that I shop for these types of items exclusively with Nordstrom/amazon and I return a lot. I would never return used shoes that I've worn for more than 2-3 days at most.

I don't know if they were right and I was wrong. I just wish they would have just said no we can't take it back without talking in a loud way and embarrassing me in front of the whole line.

While you should have been treated more quietly and respectfully, their return policy allows you to return products that were used just a few days. While their loss is the same whether you return it used twice, 25%, or 90%, they obviously don't want people enagaing in an endless circle of sampling and returning. You were well beyond the stage of reasonable return, unless the product caused a reaction that didn't start until then.

I often hear people discussing purchasing makeup (or even a dress) for a wedding then returning it; or even taking something on vacation with them and returning it afterwards. The bad folks make it more difficult for the rest of us.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:59 am
OP, rather than returning to Nordstrom, I would contact Uggs.

Quote:
How long will my sheepskin boots / slippers last?
Depending on the use and care. If you wear them only indoor, then you should get some years out of them. We have seen people bring us in their boots still in great condition after 10 years.
There is no need to purchase a new pair if your innersoles go flat, this is normal as most of the pressure goes towards the soles. We do recommend replacing your innersoles once they go flat with a new pair of sheepskin Innersoles as they will make your Boots feel new.
If they are used extensively and are for outdoor use this time frame will reduce significantly.
Although sheepkin boots do stretch, teenagers or children that are still growing may require a new pair every season.

https://www.australianuggboots.....faq-9

Now, I don't know if what you're referring to is normal wear and tear, or a real problem. But contact them, and let them tell you if its an issue that merits return.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:49 am
I just posted a review on a website into personal service that my son's shoes fell apart after a few months. I did not ask for a refund as he wore them for a while, just not as long as I would like. They sent me an email saying they were refunding purchase.

I actually was going back to the shoe to buy it again bc my son had liked it and he is hard to please when a review request popped up so I filled it in.

I second the advice to email nordstrom and see what they say

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Taking advantage of a return policy using the stuff and returning I think is wrong. They're nice enough to let return used stuff if if you tried and weren't satisfied. At one point people were returning shoes after quite a while to get new ones.
I disagree! The store issues the policy for a reason. If they see it doesn't work for them monetarily they will do away with the policy. (Costco has a policy like that, and some people do take advantage of it, however, it seems that the policy is still in place, I don't think Costco is losing money on this)Policies like this make people subconsciously buy more. I think the fallout from the policy is worth it for them due to the buying habits that outdo the fallout.
Here in Nanuet, when Sears still existed, they had a policy that you CAN return USED childrens shoes if it tears/rips within a year. It seems that they didn't realize that for a frum family this is the most amazing policy. I tried returning my sons Shabbos shoes just once! To my luck, the saleslady told me that they did away with that policy because it wasn't working for them anymore. I do agree that I cringe when a frum person is totally unreasonable with a return. However, the stores do have a choice and they can put in as many disclaimers as they please in order to have the policy work for them the most that it can.

Miri1

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:34 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I disagree! The store issues the policy for a reason. If they see it doesn't work for them monetarily they will do away with the policy. (Costco has a policy like that, and some people do take advantage of it, however, it seems that the policy is still in place, I don't think Costco is losing money on this)Policies like this make people subconsciously buy more. I think the fallout from the policy is worth it for them due to the buying habits that outdo the fallout.
Here in Nanuet, when Sears still existed, they had a policy that you CAN return USED childrens shoes if it tears/rips within a year. It seems that they didn't realize that for a frum family this is the most amazing policy. I tried returning my sons Shabbos shoes just once! To my luck, the saleslady told me that they did away with that policy because it wasn't working for them anymore. I do agree that I cringe when a frum person is totally unreasonable with a return. However, the stores do have a choice and they can put in as many disclaimers as they please in order to have the policy work for them the most that it can.

There's the letter and there's the spirit.
As frum Jews we should be extra sensitive to the spirit.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics