Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid has 99% recovery rate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:46 pm
Very, very well said!

yksraya

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 1:53 pm
What happened was, we were all told this is some kind of mysterious illness that is effecting third world countries and that our medical advanced USA won't suffer the same fate. Until it was too late to do something productive to protect those most volnerable. It hit, and it hit us hard.

For the lack of a better solution, the world was on lockdown. Instead of dr's taking action, most of them declared they are not taking on covid patients, and the hospitals took over all of the responsibility, therefore became greatly understaffed and undereqquiped to deal with the situation better.

By now, dr's resumed responsibility and hospitals (in USA) are less overwhelmed. They also now have some treatments, meds, plasma etc (instead of just hooking unto a vent). And bh they are giving vaccines that iyh hopefully will help. And many people already had it, so have antibodies or some form of immunity to not get hit hard again hopefully. So things are looking up, and hopefully no more lockdowns.

I also want to bring up an important point. They keep on mandating masks, but lets not forget that proper hygiene, washing hands, etc is way more important and should always be done. As well as taking vitamins, and taking care of our health.

Staying home when sick (any contagious kind of sick). Drinking hot drinks such as water, decaffeinated tea etc, chicken soup, when sick. Rinsing the mouth and throat with salty water is very helpful to get better sooner. Add honey to your tea, or eat a spoonful of honey. Just take good care of yourself to get better sooner.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:13 pm
yksraya wrote:
Instead of dr's taking action, most of them declared they are not taking on covid patients, and the hospitals took over all of the responsibility, therefore became greatly understaffed and undereqquiped to deal with the situation better.

By now, dr's resumed responsibility and hospitals (in USA) are less overwhelmed. They also now have some treatments, meds, plasma etc (instead of just hooking unto a vent). And bh they are giving vaccines that iyh hopefully will help. And many people already had it, so have antibodies or some form of immunity to not get hit hard again hopefully. So things are looking up, and hopefully no more lockdowns.

I.

I dont get it. What exactly did u expect drs to do? They didnt have any tratment back then.

Last edited by mig100 on Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ Periwinkle wrote:

We need to be focusing on CURES.

Why isn't the disease itself being studied? How to treat the inflammation, the cytokine storm, etc.

All the scientific minds in the world can't do anything? We have to sit holed up like rats waiting for 2-3 gigantic companies to come up with their own proprietary vaccine, unprecedented, tested for only a few months, that they can then dangle over the rest of the world?

Something is very off about this response. It almost feels like the world is back in the middle ages, groping in the dark, following a very few all-powerful figures and their doctrines. What happened to "science"?

Am I the only one who is completely confused here?????

I dont understand what ur talking about. There is NOW. A lot of medical treatment to covid patients. They have a much bwtter survival rate than they did in march. Who do you think came up with these treatments?

What did you expect? That they would have a magic cure overnight???????

Eta: I dont see the anti-vaxer, anti- dr, ant big pharma and vitamin companies curing covid patients

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:37 pm
The solution would have been an internationak travel lock down early enough. At this point it has become impossible to contain. It does not help that travel is still allowed.
If travel would have been banned, businesses would not have had to close down. We would not have needed state lockdowns etc.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:03 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
The solution would have been an internationak travel lock down early enough. At this point it has become impossible to contain. It does not help that travel is still allowed.
If travel would have been banned, businesses would not have had to close down. We would not have needed state lockdowns etc.

Travel from where? By time we all became aware, it was probably too late.

And any travel ban would have had to be complete. Eg, not allowing kids studying in yeshiva or seminary to return home (or at the very least placing them in strict quarantine).

Hindsight is 20/20, and we were all stupid. Chinese restaurants were empty, because people somehow believed that ethnicity alone could spread contagion, but Italian restaurants were full. So were shuls.

I hate Trump, but I still believed him that there was no serious danger to the US. Because I could not fathom that there could possibly be a serious risk to the US. I thought we were "different." It didn't occur to be that a virus doesn't understand that distinction.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:13 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
The problem is that the establishment is focusing on the wrong things.

You cannot control a pandemic by shutting down life. Besides which, the shutdown itself causes fatalities, and so many other detrimental long and short term effects as well.

This virus is crazy contagious. That's why the 1% is so problematic, because it's 1% of a huge number. Why do we think we can control it?

We need to be focusing on CURES.

We have medications that have been used for years and proven safe, that can be repurposed and studied here. Why are the studies being repressed?

Why isn't the disease itself being studied? How to treat the inflammation, the cytokine storm, etc.

All the scientific minds in the world can't do anything? We have to sit holed up like rats waiting for 2-3 gigantic companies to come up with their own proprietary vaccine, unprecedented, tested for only a few months, that they can then dangle over the rest of the world?

Something is very off about this response. It almost feels like the world is back in the middle ages, groping in the dark, following a very few all-powerful figures and their doctrines. What happened to "science"?

Fear is being used as a weapon here. And THAT is the dangerous part of this pandemic.

I agree, except that I think the fear is on the part of everyone who turned this into a conspiracy.

PS there is a huge list of devastating diseases with no cure. How bizarre to believe that the medical community could conjure up a cure with the snap of a finger.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I agree, except that I think the fear is on the part of everyone who turned this into a conspiracy.

PS there is a huge list of devastating diseases with no cure. How bizarre to believe that the medical community could conjure up a cure with the snap of a finger.

Ive been learning a lot about human nature from all these corona threads. Heres what im noticing

If dr are not able to cure a novel dangerous virus instantly they are blamed.

If they do treat it successfully, people deny the virus exsists and it was just invented for political reasons.

Bizzare. Yep
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics