Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Patience vs effiency?

thegiver

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:17 pm
I usually have too much to do and not enough time. Where is the balance btwn being with ur kids and running errands and cleaning and just being with them and doing things with them when they ask u or want u (help me get dressed) (color with me) (lie down with me) (betime schmooze)

I know I can involve them in chores and errands but when do you just STOP and focus on them? How do you carve out a sacrosanct time where it is only about them and everything else can wait and doesn't matter? Do you make this a priority? Do you fall behind on housework?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:19 pm
I try my best to do most of the work when they’re asleep whether it’s nap or nighttime. Even early morning. Obv this isn’t always possible but it’s a goal of mine

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:21 pm
Try story time at night or 10 minutes with each child right before they go to sleep. Very concentrated quality time.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I try my best to do most of the work when they’re asleep whether it’s nap or nighttime. Even early morning. Obv this isn’t always possible but it’s a goal of mine
I try to and my life changed with this shift. Time with them and trying to do any sort of work (house-, school-, etc) always makes me impatient and cranky with any of their requests because it’s taking away from what I’m trying to do.
Not always successful doing work when they’re not around but but it’s a goal.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:33 pm
With two sets of twins and working fulltime, there was no such thing as just focusing on one child. I mean, I even tried nursing them simultaneously, but didn't like it and soon switched to nursing them consecutively. What we had once they were no longer infants was what we called "personal time"--10 minutes per child at bedtime every night, one after the other, to be private and cuddle, talk or whatever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics