Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chedvas Bais Yaakov

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:00 pm
Does anyone have info on the high school Chedvas Bais Yaakov in Lakewood. What kinda parent body and girls does it have? And it is very hard to get in?

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 7:47 pm
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 7:53 pm
principal is Mrs.Miriam Jaffe (formerly principal of bais kaila, orig from Chicago) A wonderful special person. Its the high school for Bnos bracha elementary school, but girls from other schools also attend. She's a very multi faceted kinda person, accepting of all types. It's definitely not as extreme yeshivish as most of the other lakewood high schools. Not sure about how hard it is to get in.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:05 pm
Chedvas is Bnos Brocha’s high school. It’s a warm, happy place. Classes are tracked. Their academic class is probably on a higher level than most schools. That being said most girls are in mid level classes which is prob a drop easier. And lower level classes cater to girls who need extra attention.
School has a technology program which is different than most schools. Every girl gets a tagged flip phone and they are very strict about that being the only device allowed. On a whole, girls follow.
School is very frum hashkafically with a more out of town feel. No real brand name pressure.
Overall girls love going to school.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:57 am
Can anyone say what it's like this year ? What is the crowd like ? My neice got accepted but is now doubting it because she heard it doesn't have a good name ?? 😒 please verify .

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 11:30 am
My DD is there currently and we are super happy! Everyone who hears her (or me) talking about school, wants to go (or send their kids). From my experience, it has a pretty good name.
Mrs. Jaffe’s first priority is what is best for her girls, not what everyone else does or what everyone else thinks.
The girls are happy and their is a very warm feeling in the school.
ETA the academics are tracked for certain subjects & the highest track is on a pretty high level but there is no pressure to be in that track (and no shaming of girls in even the lowest tracks) and girls end up in whichever track they are comfortable in.
If you have any other questions, I’d be glad to answer.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 11:31 am
What kind of families are there ? Is it modern?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 11:39 am
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
What kind of families are there ? Is it modern?

There is a mix, but I wouldn’t call it modern. For example there are families that haven’t activated their girls’ phones at all, some that have talk but no text, some that text and a few whose girls do have other phones or devices (they are very much in the minority and -don’t kid yourself- families like that exist in almost every school).

The teachers are very much yeshivish (and btw, amazing), and the hashkafa being taught is, as well. But there is an understanding that not everyone is ‘holding there’ and growth takes place where you are now. They encourage the girls to take even small steps in the right direction from wherever they are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics