Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen boys sharing trashy videos with each other
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I'm really not convinced there's any connection. The desire for prn is completely different from the desire to watch neutral movies. Most of my friends and I were allowed to watch movies including pg-13 once we were preteens/teens. It didn't stop anyone from sneaking movies rated R and doing internet searches for worse.

R rated is not p*rn.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:43 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
R rated is not p*rn.

Right. Why did you feel the need to point that out?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:50 pm
I'm very confused about this conversation. How does allowing your children to watch movies help anything? I think in the long and short run you are making things a lot lot worse for your children. By showing them that teen flicks and romance are "ok" you are telling them that these are normative relationships while the other r rated material is not. I grew up watching some movies and know what type of relationships are portrayed in the "kosher" disney movies and the less kosher teen flicks/romance ones as well. They are nothing like the frum dating and marriage system which has had significant more success and personally feels more fulfilling than these movies appear. The only thing allowing these types of movies does (in my opinion) is set your teen up for failure later in life when that is their view of love is not equivalent to the Torah view. Most movies portray a mostly physical relationship, whereas the Torah view emphasizes a deeper relationship than physical alone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:03 pm
So many assumptions and judgments being made here. I’m going to report this post and ask that mods delete the thread. Why kick someone when they’re down and lecture them based on assumptions that happen to be completely wrong.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children