Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Place for a date nowadays?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:43 pm
So now it's not only covid, it's winter. So much for all the outdoor ideas when indoors was closed... what's left?!

Other than food, if that's even a thing anymore.

I know people have been volunteering spaces in their homes but this couple is past the "lounge" stage and needs to have an actual date to get anywhere.

Help!

First need ideas that are reasonably safe as well as legal. Another person I know who's looking for ideas already has antibodies so they are open to things that may not be as safe/legal, just possible and open.

Thanks... we gotta make some good news in this crazy world...

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:03 pm
Stark Archery in NJ is open by appointment. It's legal, reasonably safe (not very crowded), and a fun activity for the right couple at the right stage in their dating.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:10 pm
They can do an Escape Room. Challenge Escape Rooms in Long Island books out the entire slot when soemone books because they dont combine groups due to covid. Works out perfect for a date with no one else around. They can also do a restaurant in the 5 towns- most have indoor seating.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
They can do an Escape Room. Challenge Escape Rooms in Long Island books out the entire slot when soemone books because they dont combine groups due to covid. Works out perfect for a date with no one else around. They can also do a restaurant in the 5 towns- most have indoor seating.

I don't know how escape rooms work, but it sounds like a problem with yichud.

Tiredmom7

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:13 pm
Check out shidduchshuck.com. They list Covid safe places and guidelines

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:11 pm
Thanks for the leads!

Yes, the boy had asked about this a different time and now that escape rooms are one couple only he was told it is a yichud issue Sad

The archery place is indoors??

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:15 pm
Ice skating

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:43 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

Hmm you’re right it may be an issue

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:44 am
I think The Edge in Hudson Yards is open

Colorpop

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:44 am
I found this list online of Covid dating places

https://www.google.com/maps/pl.....-1i9w

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

They all have cameras. Many hold cameras mitigates the yichud problem. AYLOR.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The archery place is indoors??

Yes, it's indoors, but when we went last summer, it wasn't crowded and people were spread out. If you call to make a reservation, ask about their current policies (also regarding masks) and make sure you're comfortable with them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:38 pm
Thanks again! Wow, I never knew how many axe throwing places there could be, I've heard of it but didn't realize it was such a big thing... the google maps list was mostly parks (freezing now), food (more got shut down now, and outdoors is freezing), and a whole lot of axe throwing. Who knew.

Again, we DID aylor and the decision was that private escape rooms are yichud even with a camera, I'm sure there are other opinions but that was the verdict.

Ice skating is not really a dating thing. They're not going to hold hands... and it's freezing.

I guess we'll see if they like axes and archery!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:45 pm
How about museums?

happy12

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:47 pm
If you are near nyc there is the 11 broadway lounge in the OU building. It has 3 dating lounge areas, games, ping pong , foosball and snacks.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:04 pm
Food is definitely a thing. Most of the dating boys I know are going to restaurants more often than they usually would because it's pretty much the only place you don't have to wear a mask indoors. I think it's reasonably safe but that's a personal decision.
I'm assuming this couple is in NY/NJ. I can't believe no one suggested American dream mall. It's fun just to walk around, go to the candy store and there are also activities there like mini golf and kosher food options.
Palisades mall also has activities like axe throwing, you can go out to eat in Monsey after.
Bowling alleys are also open.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:34 pm
happy12 wrote:
If you are near nyc there is the 11 broadway lounge in the OU building. It has 3 dating lounge areas, games, ping pong , foosball and snacks.

Do you know how to find out if it's open during covid? Sounds like the kind of thing that would close.

Regarding location, yes the starting point is NYC (different boros)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 2:33 pm
happy12 wrote:

Looking again. Does anyone know what hours they are open and whether you can sit without a mask (while snacking/drinking ostensibly?)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 2:39 pm
Actually just going to bump up this entire thread but with a more specific mission:

Looking for a place to just sit and talk. No activity.
Williamsburg, Downtown Brooklyn, or Lower Manhattan.
Must be indoors (it's freezing!)
Must be able to remove mask - ok if you need to buy a drink to excuse that.

Here's the part that's harder to find out on the dating websites or Google: It needs to be not dark. Doesn't need to be lit as bright as day but it can't have mood lighting or very dim ambience (parties need to be able to see each other clearly and easily) and not noisy/crowded. Don't want to arrive to a place only to find it very uncomfortable for a serious conversation.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:02 pm

Looking for a similar location in UWS/further uptown where a serious convo can occur at night indoors
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries