Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby decided to wake up at 4 every night. Help!!

STRONGMOM

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 4:47 am
My gorgeous boy used to sleep thru the night for the past three months. since after pesach. hes 10 months ol. Then booooom......'out of nowhere' hes been waking up every night at around the same time....He cries a little bit. I wait. Go to his room. talk to him . But an hour later hes still up 'kevtching a little bit' . It seems he has a hard time falling asleep. The only thing that works is a bottle of warm milk!!! He drinks it all and he falls back asleep! right away!
Is he hungry? ( I feed him at 7 , full meal including veg, protein and a desert and at the end a small bottle of milk)... Used to be enought for him...till now...
Is he thirsty???? I tried giving him water but I guess its not enough.
I guess hes not in pain....even a bottle cant cure the pain.
So..................HELP!!!
Any advice?
SM

myomi

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 9:08 am
a similar thing happened to me,my son is 5 months though,for dinner I was giving him cereal and fruit,he was waking up every night,until my friend finally told me to increase the amount I give him,usually for breaskfast ill give him 1 1/2 tbsp dry cereal mixed with milk and 1 tbsp fruit,but b/c he's pulling a longer stretch at night and growing,she said to increase the amount I givie him,so I started to do that and he began to sleep,he wakes up sometimes occasionally,but it's not as bad as it was b'h.hope this helps,just increase the amount of food you are feeding him if he ffinishes everything on his plate.

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 2:13 pm
My baby is nearly 1 and he just started doing the same thing. The first few days is happened I thought he was hungry so I felt bad and gave him a bottle, then natarally he kept getting up for that bottle, I finally had enough and just let him cry until he cried himself back to sleep, the next night he didnt wake at all, tonight I hope he wont either.

1stimer

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 2:45 pm
My baby's almost one and he's been doing it for almost a year...

STRONGMOM

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 3:06 pm
Well, I think Im gonna try tonight to let him cry, for longer....I hate doing that but I guess its a choice I have to make for myself.
I was told to give him more food . I did it tonight (I live in the uk) and I will all let you know tomorrow how it went. Good luck to all the mothers in the same situation!

myomi

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 6:05 pm
what happened last night?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics