Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help me convince my husband that
Previous  1  2  3  Next

keym

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:15 pm
I do think you'll probably need a double stroller.
However, the first 2-4 weeks, I always felt it was less necessary.
At the beginning, you're really not supposed to carry something heavier than baby. And you really shouldn't be that much out an about.
My point being, this doesn't have to be an emergent purchase for the day you get home from the hospital.
You can take a few weeks for your husband to realize it's going to be a little baby and a big baby. And becoming a big brother doesn't automatically make him older or more capable.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:19 pm
keym wrote:
I do think you'll probably need a double stroller.
However, the first 2-4 weeks, I always felt it was less necessary.
At the beginning, you're really not supposed to carry something heavier than baby. And you really shouldn't be that much out an about.
My point being, this doesn't have to be an emergent purchase for the day you get home from the hospital.
You can take a few weeks for your husband to realize it's going to be a little baby and a big baby. And becoming a big brother doesn't automatically make him older or more capable.

Yes I was going to say that your 2 year old will still be a baby. He's the oldest so you feel he's a big boy already but really he needs to be treated like a 2 year old (pretty much a baby still)

polished

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:27 pm
Mother with 2 year old and newborn here.

I hate my double! But I NEED it. Not a luxury at all.

My little 2 year old walks away from the seat/buggy board.
He also refuses to hold on to the side of the buggy.
Bottom line is. It is very dangerous walking pushing a buggy and having a 2 year old walk... not possible to be on top of the toddler.

Some ppl mentioned having him walk a mile with the toddler.
I say. Walk a 100 metres pushing the baby, walking toddler and raining.

On the other hand. Your husband may be scared amd stressed about another child and impact on finances. Be sensitive to this... discuss what is needed and what is not. Show him you care and you are not just buying buying bec you think you have an excuse.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:43 pm
I had 2 under 2 and older one wasn’t walking yet. Was no way would’ve managed without the double stroller
We still use it now for the mall or amusement parks and the like. Kids are now 6 and 4

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:43 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Have him take them on walks without a double stroller, and see how he manages

No it’s honestly not safe. Two year olds belong in strollers when walking on the Avenue. Especially on long walks!

And he should trust you when you say you need to buy something, especially on a stroller for a toddler.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:49 pm
Who does he think double strollers were made for? Haha.
Some things don’t have to be a discussion that both spouses agree on.
You will be the one taking them out on a daily basis. You need it, you get it. No need for him to have an opinion about it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:19 pm
Definitely wait. My first two are super close in age and the first year I found it easier to have them in seperate strollers so that the baby can be in the snap and go and my husband pushed the toddler seperate. I didn't use a double until a year after the baby and at that point the kind of double I wanted was different. I rarely took them both out together for the first year because I live in the suburbs and it was just too complicated.

So it is very lifestyle dependant

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:19 pm
First of all, the good news is making me so happy! Second of all, you need a double stroller. Very muchly. But not yet:)

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:26 pm
For sure of course not now hehe!! Just wanted to make it clear. Was more like light hearted talk that turned into a seriousssssss discussion about strollers lol.

But thanks for the help!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:32 pm
Also it might be twins so you'll need a triple, you never know Very Happy

trixx

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:32 pm
Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist, you have lots of time to buy something secondhand (uppababy comes up all the time)

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:35 pm
I didn't read all the comments, so maybe someone says this. But you will also need it when you're in stores, so he has a place to sit, and not run around and touch everything.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:53 pm
Think about this a week after you all come home fr the hospital. You can have your preferences prepared, but dh needs time to get used to the idea of 2 children. Bsha tova !

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:57 pm
Its a little early too waste energy on this. In over a half a year your older baby will change so much, you will reasses then.

Great advice to take a giveaway or buy used.

It also depends on where you will be walking, what your purpose is to what will work better.

With two close in age there will be times that each of you take a single, you alone take a single, you alone take a double, or baby or toddler backpack/ front pack & stroller. It will really matter the purpose and destination of your walk to what will work best.

Just wait. You wont be needing it too fast even after the baby arrives iyh there will be time to get one before you are out & about.

Bsha'a tova

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:57 pm
Of course you need one! My son is almost 4 and I still use my stroller when we go to the mall, airport, or a long walk and the like. 2 is a baby still!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:03 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
For sure of course not now hehe!! Just wanted to make it clear. Was more like light hearted talk that turned into a seriousssssss discussion about strollers lol.

But thanks for the help!!!

It will happen without you needing to convince him. The need will become so apparent, you'll see. Very Happy

Rappel

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:04 pm
Beshaa Tova umutzlachat!!!

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:35 am
About 80% of my neighbors have 2 under 2 or 2 under 3 and EVERYONE has a double stroller. I mean everyone. Toddlers cannot walk that much.
Get a secondhand one when you are closer to your due date.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:45 am
My guess is dh thinks your older one will be done with the stroller by then, and you feel he won’t be. Do your research to pick a stroller, but wait till you see what your son is up to closer to when the baby comes to buy it.

I’m iyH due when my daughter will be not quite 2 and a half, but she’s already starting to walk shorter distances instead of riding. I’ll wait to see in my 8th month or so if she still needs a stroller at that point or if I just need a smaller option for those occasional long walks

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:31 am
It's not even something to argue about or consider other options. Two kids = two spots in a stroller.
Sometimes infants cry in the stroller and you have to get home super fast. You'll need your toddler strapped in safely.
Chasing a toddler on the street, in the store, isn't an option when you have an infant. You need that buckle until he's old enough to understand.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics