Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
First time skiing. Questions

mashcsch

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:14 pm
We are going skiing for the first time. What clothing and accessories should we wear/have. Skiing place offers helmet rental. Does anyone know if we can just bring our own helmets.
For those that are not skiing what should we wear.
Any other tips we need to know?

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:15 pm
Water proof gloves are very important to me. Aside for that I've made sure to have a warm coat, and/or layer up as much as you think you will need. This will depend on n he weather that day and specific time you are going.
Skirt wise for safety don't wear one that is too long and make sure it is a stretchable kind of material.
Helmets for skiing are different than bike ones so I wouldn't recommend bringing your own.
I forgot to write that you do get ski boots that you need to wear so nothing is needed to protect your feet.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:16 pm
Definitely need ski pants.
And good thick insulated gloves.

When I went I wore my regular winter coat, layered my moisture wicking gym shirt with a running sweater underneath. And regular leggings with thick thick socks under the ski pants.

Helmet we rented with the skis.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:47 am
You definitely can bring your own helmet if you have one and don't want to use theirs. Don't wear anything cotton (stays wet and cold for a long time) and waterproof outer layers with warm inner layers. Also bring a change of socks (and anything else that could get wet) so you can go home warm and dry with good memories.

Also, most places are being really strict on eating in the lodge due to COVID, so make sure you have a plan for how you will do lunch. Walking far in ski boots can be challenging, though you can switch back to normal shoes if need be.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:06 am
Ski suit, thermal underwear, sun glasses, hats (hair can build freeze crystals), thick socks and shoes. A thermos for tea. It's a lot of fun, behatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics