Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Massive amounts of homeless people being moved to Boro Park
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:19 pm
It’s actually so eye-opening to me how clueless people are about the real estate situation today.

When you’re not a landlord you don’t realize how stressful the field is and how hard it is to make money today in NYC.

leah233

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
It’s actually so eye-opening to me how clueless people are about the real estate situation today.

When you’re not a landlord you don’t realize how stressful the field is and how hard it is to make money today in NYC.

And when your not a tenant you don't realize how difficult is when your landlord...

I know investment real estate is NYC is a bad difficult business these days. So are many other businesses. Doesn't justify shady business in the slightest. These people knew the risks when they bought the buildings.

And I know what the landlords are facing Back in the 70s NYC passed similar rules. Many landlords declared bankruptcy and abandoned their buildings . My grandparents owned three apartment houses in Brooklyn back then. One a few blocks from 770 in Crown Heights and another was in Midwood . They tried to give away those apartment houses for free to any mosod who would agree to take them. They couldn't find any mosod willing to do so. And not for lack of trying.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:21 pm
leah233 wrote:
And when your not a tenant you don't realize how difficult is when your landlord...

I know investment real estate is NYC is a bad difficult business these days. So are many other businesses. Doesn't justify shady business in the slightest. These people knew the risks when they bought the buildings.

And I know what the landlords are facing Back in the 70s NYC passed similar rules. Many landlords declared bankruptcy and abandoned their buildings . My grandparents owned three apartment houses in Brooklyn back then. One a few blocks from 770 in Crown Heights and another was in Midwood . They tried to give away those apartment houses for free to any mosod who would agree to take them. They couldn't find any mosod willing to do so. And not for lack of trying.

Seriously, I was a tenant for 30 years.
I have 4 married kids who are tenants.

I have a bunch of colleagues who are actually tenants in NYC.

I know difficult landlords, but until I didn’t actually involve myself in the family business, I never in my wildest dreams imagined what tenants can be and how much the despicable laws protect them.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 11:08 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Seriously, I was a tenant for 30 years.
I have 4 married kids who are tenants.

I have a bunch of colleagues who are actually tenants in NYC.

I know difficult landlords, but until I didn’t actually involve myself in the family business, I never in my wildest dreams imagined what tenants can be and how much the despicable laws protect them.

You think it’s despicable that laws protect tenants, instead they should protect landlords. Landlords get a bad rep for kind of reasons.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
You think it’s despicable that laws protect tenants, instead they should protect landlords. Landlords get a bad rep for kind of reasons.

There definitely needs to be laws on both sides of the spectrum because landlords can be pretty nasty as well.

But the way it’s now is disgusting.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries