Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bais Rivka Rochel in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Recent but now that I think of it the heimish families were more in the older grades. So did they send their younger girls to a different school? That’s interesting.

That's what I see. A family that has a 6th and 8th grader in Bnos Melech, but the 2nd grader in Bnos Chinuch.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:40 pm
keym wrote:
That's what I see. A family that has a 6th and 8th grader in Bnos Melech, but the 2nd grader in Bnos Chinuch.
Oh wow. I know when Bnos melech first started some families sent their younger kids there instead of brr. I guess it’s worth switching in order to get your ideal school.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
All in all great school BUT: If your daughter doesn't know any Yiddish, and has a hard time picking up languages, know that they teitch to yiddish in lower elementary. One of my daughter's who is otherwise very bright, had a very difficult time with that. She had an amazing Morah in primary, but she told all her stories in Yiddish, and my daughter would come home crying that she couldn't understand the story. Another thing is that although most of the teachers are top-notch, they hire some fresh out of Seminary English teachers. Two of them, who both happened to be single, were really nasty (one became much nicer after she got engagedlol!).

That could happen anywhere.

I have two friends who taught/teach in BRR who are both incredible wonderful people. And I once had a personal encounter with the former principal (Mrs. Brody A"H) and in that short meeting, I was incredibly impressed.

Many of the people I know who send to BRR are people whose children have yiddish exposure.

When we were looking into schools for my oldest DD, our Rav mentioned BRR as an excellent school. However, I felt that it was a bit more RW than I am, so we sent to BF instead. However, I consider it an excellent school for anyone with pull (you would need it) who would choose to send there and is a good fit for the school.

My little DD's best friend (neighbor) goes to BRR. Solid nice people, litvish/yeshivish.

keym

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Oh wow. I know when Bnos melech first started some families sent their younger kids there instead of brr. I guess it’s worth switching in order to get your ideal school.

Sometimes its about school size, attention, and such.
My older son is in 8th grade in a school he's in one of the first 6 classes. There was only 1-2 classes and a lot of personal attention from principals. I have a 1st grader in the same school, but it's a totally different school. There are 4-5 parallel classes, and much less attention.
My older son, the secretary knew all the boys by last name. I'd call and say it's keym, they said hi keym.
Now, it's way less personal.
I'm happy in the school, but I can see why someone would send their younger kids elsewhere.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:59 pm
Great school but literally impossible to get into.

I know some chashuv alumni who didn’t get in for next year because literally no room at all.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries