Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kesser bas Yakov vs Bais Shifra Miriam
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'm a KBY parent and never heard of a rule against Jewish magazines. I highly doubt it exists. They're not fanatics.

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying. Could you please elaborate more on the school? Which Cheder do you send your boys to(if you have any)? How is it in comparison to Bais Rochel and BSM? How is the education? Staff? Parent body? Thank you!!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:42 pm
Bais Rochel has a very good education. Probably comparable to the Yeshivish schools, maybe better. It's a mix of very Yeshivish and Chassidish. KBY is trying to get young families with the tznius, internet mindset of the 70's. BSM I only know one person who sends there and they are Satmar type but not Satmar.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying. Could you please elaborate more on the school? Which Cheder do you send your boys to(if you have any)? How is it in comparison to Bais Rochel and BSM? How is the education? Staff? Parent body? Thank you!!

I know one person whi sends her girls to Kesser and boys to bais dovid

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Bais Rochel has a very good education. Probably comparable to the Yeshivish schools, maybe better. It's a mix of very Yeshivish and Chassidish. KBY is trying to get young families with the tznius, internet mindset of the 70's. BSM I only know one person who sends there and they are Satmar type but not Satmar.

By now Bais Rochel is basically totally chassidish, especially the younger grades. There aren't really any more yeshivish girls in Bais Rochel.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sure. I love the school. But I haven't been there so long, its a new school, and I don't really talk to other parents, but here's what I know.
Firstly they don't have a ton of rules. Technology rules (no smartphones for mothers, fathers can have a 2nd filtered smart phone if needed for work) tznius rules are minimal. Knee socks for nursery only. Nothing flashy or words. No short sleeves in nursery. Mothers drive no problem. They did say something about hotels and fancy vacations. They claim to attract a very simple type but from the look of the other mothers, some are simple, others more up to date. Some more chasidish looking but some Bais rochel type. Several long shaitels too. Havara is interesting, they speak a chassidish Yiddish and a litvish loshon kodesh. The teachers are great. Most classes are very small and have an assistant. The principal is a lovely (I believe litvish) woman. It's a well run organized place and my daughter goes and comes very happily and is learning plenty. But remember this is mainly a preschool, thru first grade. I know of families whose sons attend bais dovid, vien, sanz.
Hope this helps! Feel free to ask additional questions.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:39 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'm a KBY parent and never heard of a rule against Jewish magazines. I highly doubt it exists. They're not fanatics.

Did you read the rules on the application packet? That's where I'm taking the info from. My husband read the rules and did not even want me applying.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:41 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Did you read the rules on the application packet? That's where I'm taking the info from. My husband read the rules and did not even want me applying.

He probably miss read it. The rule is probably that they don't allow non jewish magazines.
Not allowing jewish magazines doesn't even make sense and I don't think any school has such a rule.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
He probably miss read it. The rule is probably that they don't allow non jewish magazines.
Not allowing jewish magazines doesn't even make sense and I don't think any school has such a rule.

Actually, I found it in my email. It's jewish radio shows they don't allow. My mistake, but also too extreme for us. The ehrlicher writers thing who shares same hashkafos thing is also strange. Guess that's where I got that bad impression.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:55 pm
Actually, I found it in my email. It's jewish radio shows they don't allow. My mistake, but also too extreme for us. The ehrlicher writers thing who shares same hashkafos thing is also strange. Guess that's where I got that bad impression.

This makes more sense.
There nothing wrong with a rule against Jewish radio shows, many are not in line with chassidish schools' hashkafa and values.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:00 pm

me too. sheitel length, denier tights, skirt inches...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 11:17 am
Can any mothers sending to Kesser Bais Yakov explain the difference between the two schools? BSM has been around for a long time so people are quite familiar with it but KBY is fairly new.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children