Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thieves spray for strep throat

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:11 am
I read in the wellspring magazine that someone used thieves spray a couple times and her child was cured of strep. I know I am looking for something other then antibiotics and wondering if anyone heard of this remedy or has a diff alternative.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:22 am
Thieves oil is supposed to have antibacterial properties so maybe that's why it can work for strept... never tried it though. Lemon oil and thyme oil also have strong antibacterial properties and are known to be good for strept.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:27 am
Keep in mind that if it doesn't work, untreated strep throat can have serious sequels, like rheumatic fever, heart damage, Kawasaki-Sydrome.
I don't understand why people wouldn't use the easily available antibiotics with few side effects that can treat strep throat reliably.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:30 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

I don't understand why people wouldn't use the easily available antibiotics with few side effects that can treat strep throat reliably.

Many turn to natural remedies after treating a recurring strep too many a time with antibiotics only to get it again a short while later.
But agree 100% that when taking any natural stuff be careful not to be neglectful because a neglected strep can lead to danger.

number

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:02 am
No, don’t use thieves for anything at all. Definitely not internally and certainly not instead of antibiotics. Which magazine did you read this in?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:06 am
number wrote:
No, don’t use thieves for anything at all.

And why not??

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:27 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Many turn to natural remedies after treating a recurring strep too many a time with antibiotics only to get it again a short while later.
But agree 100% that when taking any natural stuff be careful not to be neglectful because a neglected strep can lead to danger.

I understand turning to natural stuff. What stuff is out there that's safe and not alternative but complementary?

Conscience

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:36 am
Any immune booster would be great for a child who is continuously suffering from strep throats. I love the Tahua products:
Check out this link (available in most health food stores)
https://tahua.co/products/immune-kids

number

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
And why not??
https://holisticessentials.ca/.....ting/
https://holisticessentials.ca/.....eart/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:47 pm
I feel that once antibiotics doesn’t cure I wanted to turn to something more natural. No one said antibiotic wasn’t in the picture. People are so quick to jump and attack here.

Also if anyone had a positive experience that was my initial Intention of asking ..

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel that once antibiotics doesn’t cure I wanted to turn to something more natural. No one said antibiotic wasn’t in the picture. People are so quick to jump and attack here.

Also if anyone had a positive experience that was my initial Intention of asking ..

Which antibiotics was the child on?

My child had repeated strep, we just switched pediatricians and he put dc on duricef, says that he did a study and kids who are treated with amoxicillin have a fast recurrence. His new protocol once you have strep 2+ times he prescribes a cephalosporin.

I did buy the thieves once but never followed through with as my kids were uncooperative.

A good tip for recurring strep is if child has bottle/paci to completely replace after infection and toothbrush too. If child doesn’t brush teeth then clean around gums with peroxide.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:41 pm
Have you tried probiotics with the antibiotics?

number

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thieves is a low quality essential oil. So if you decide to use an essential oil, choose one other than thieves.

But essential oils aren’t intended for treating strep. Do you have a health food store? They should be able to give you ideas.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I read in the wellspring magazine that someone used thieves spray a couple times and her child was cured of strep. I know I am looking for something other then antibiotics and wondering if anyone heard of this remedy or has a diff alternative.

You’re saying you’re not using antibiotics to treat your child’s step?? You’re just using natural remedies? Or is this in addition?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
You’re saying you’re not using antibiotics to treat your child’s step?? You’re just using natural remedies? Or is this in addition?

People do this post infection- a few spritzes a day to keep infection from recurring.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:37 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

In addition

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:47 pm
All of you who are so horrified at not using antibiotics for strep. You know antibiotic resistance is a thing, right? And that many plants contain highly complex, sophisticated microbial defense mechanisms? This is someone who has used antibiotics in the past and they have failed her. It’s not like she’s neglecting the infection. In fact, she’s looking for more effective treatment.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes! Ppl are very quick to attack and judge in this place. I'm a big advocate for alternative medicine in conjunction with conventional medicine. Unfortunately many many ppl are against alternative. They consider vitamins or other natural remedies "poison". I hope you find what can help you and I hope you're successful. Refuah sheleimah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics