Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I have covid! Question re: symptoms

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:19 pm
I just found out my PCR was positive. I have mild symptoms. Very minor fever, minor cold. No taste. My questionis after developing symptoms did yours get worse? At what point can I assume it's as bad as it will be

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:21 pm
I would say with 3 days of starting symtoms it was the worst

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:07 pm
The latest strain sometimes starts to get better before it flares up again. Just keep vigilant with taking your temperature and oxygen at least once a day, and more often if you're not feeling well.
Refuah Shelaima!

JD03

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:22 pm
I had covid about 6/7 months back.
Day 2/3 was the worst. Then I got better. BH my case was mild. Slight fever and mild back pain were gone by day 4. I lost my sense of taste and that did linger. It returned to normal after about two weeks.
Raefuah Shaleima!! May you have an easy, speedy recovery ❤.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:58 pm
A family member had her worst day on day 5 in the evening. She's young and had difficulty breathing.

Please take good care of yourself even if you feel better on day 3 or 4! Make sure you eat healthy, sleep enough, take vitamins, use a humidifier to prevent yourself from feeling worse.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:46 pm
Recovering from COVID myself. I got fever a second time on day 8 and then the bad coughing set in. Still exhausted a week later. Refuah Shelaima.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:14 pm
I got worse around day 10 when it turned into pneumonia.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:19 pm
For all those who got worse, did you have a very mild case at first? Or it was bad at the start too. I'm scared 🙈

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just found out my PCR was positive. I have mild symptoms. Very minor fever, minor cold. No taste. My questionis after developing symptoms did yours get worse? At what point can I assume it's as bad as it will be

The average time from symptom onset to hospitalization is 3 to 10 days, with the longer period being for younger people.

I thought I'd dodged the bullet of a serious case after a week; I was wrong. I also had 2 or 3 relapses, where I thought I had recovered but got much worse.

Drink plenty of fluids if you can keep them down. Keep track of your oxygenation with a pulse oxymeter.

And refuah shleima.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:49 pm
I had it in March took 2 antibiotics together was fevering coughing borderline oxygen level sleeping and resting for four weeks. Was out of breath a few times. But bh got better. Very important to take medications or plasma to avoid hospitalizations.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:58 pm
For months after having a severe case of covid I still get weak and headachy every so often. When I feel feverish I take antibiotics trying to avoid becoming full blown. I tested negative many times but I hear it lingers in you quite some time

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
For months after having a severe case of covid I still get weak and headachy every so often. When I feel feverish I take antibiotics trying to avoid becoming full blown. I tested negative many times but I hear it lingers in you quite some time

Why antibiotics for a virus?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 10:13 pm
You don’t have to assume that it will get worse. I had the exact same mild symptoms you describe and it didn’t get any worse than that. I just had it and it seems there are many now getting it very mild like that.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 11:55 pm
I B"H had a mild case.
It took a few days to develop the headache, and it was gone by day 8 or 9.

Just take care of yourself, because worsening of symptoms can happen later in the illness. I've heard that day 5 and day 7 are vulnerable times. B"H that didn't happen with me. I was particularly concerned because I get colds quite badly, and end up coughing alot.
With corona it more or less stayed in my nasal passages, with a day or so of a mild cough.

Check your oxygen daily. And make sure to take your zinc, vitamins D, C and quercetin. I also took baby aspirin, and an inhaler. Check with your doc about the aspirin.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:26 am
It can happen either way. I had a light fever in the beginning but then went up to 103-105 and oxygen went down later on.
My husband was really sick first week and then better.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:08 am
Antibiotics are not for the virus but covid attacks the lungs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics