Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
I can’t make steak

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:06 am
I don’t have a backyard so I make it on a pan grill on top of the stove It always comes out red and bloody or overcooked a dry Sad idk how can you gauge the exact time that it’s done it is a matter of one minute or seconds more or less time of cooking.

Ellie7

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:29 am
Meat thermometer.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:30 am
Make sure the meat is American beef not imported. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Put in oven on broil 5 min each side. Yum

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 6:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t have a backyard so I make it on a pan grill on top of the stove It always comes out red and bloody or overcooked a dry Sad idk how can you gauge the exact time that it’s done it is a matter of one minute or seconds more or less time of cooking.

Buy thin cut rib steak to start with, as it's easier to make and learn with. Bring it to room temp.

Heat a clean skillet over medium high heat, until you feel the heat rising 8 inches above the pan. (Will take a while - important step).
Place a bit of olive oil to pan. Add steaks. Do not move steaks around.

For well-done meat, wait until the sides of steak brown all the way up - about 5-8 minutes. Flip over, and finish cooking on the other side - about 3-5 minutes.

For medium, wait until the sides of the steak brown halfway up - about 3-5 minutes. Flip it over and finish cooking for another 3 minutes.

Wrap tightly if foil and let rest 5 minutes. Serve right away.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 6:56 am
I used to be like this, until I learned this easy rule.

For a one inch steak, first make sure that it has come to room temperature. This is super important if you don't want it to be bloody inside.

Grill or pan fry for 7 minutes on one side, 5 minutes on the other. No more!

Let the meat rest for at least 15 minutes before you cut into it. It's still cooking, and you want time for the juices to reabsorb into the muscle fibers. If you cut it too soon you'll have a dry steak and a big puddle on your plate.

If you want it medium rare, reduce the cooking time by one minute per side.

When grilling, remember that the coals have to be even and low. Try not to cook them over a high flame, but on an area that's more moderate. Think of how you would cook chicken on a grill, and go for that level of temperature. Steak is just as delicate as chicken!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking