Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dd jealous of boys, says they get to do much more
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:12 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
In a world where halacha is everything, and particularly in a world where the only form of avodas Hashem that really matters is learning, women simply don't have as much value as men. Spin it how you like, but that's the reality.

So, we can either encourage girls to find value outside of religion, or bring religion back to a place where learning is only one of many forms of avodas Hashem. It won't erase the fundamental patriarchy of Judaism, but it can take the edge off.

Except that that's not Torah, that's not halacha, that's not frumkeit. That is one specific sector of society's spin on it. It's a horaas shaa that became unchangeable, and it goes against halacha and the kesuba.

Maybe it's time to quit pretending to be better than every other segment of Jewish society and return to our roots. Which is what your last paragraph says....and that is the only solution.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:30 am
Boys and girls are different and it's okay to acknowledge that, but there are pros and cons to each. I have one teen daughter who gets up early every Shabbos morning and is in shul for the entire davening, because she chooses to. For my other teen daughter, sleeping until 10 a.m. is part of her oneg Shabbos. My boys all get up early and are in shul/yeshiva, but I'm sure at least one of them would have preferred to sleep late if he could (BH they are very good boys and choose to do the right thing, even if it is hard).

The bottom line is EIZEHU ASHIR HASAMEI’ACH B’CHELKO. There is no point comparing - make the best of who you are.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Boys and girls are different and it's okay to acknowledge that, but there are pros and cons to each. I have one teen daughter who gets up early every Shabbos morning and is in shul for the entire davening, because she chooses to. For my other teen daughter, sleeping until 10 a.m. is part of her oneg Shabbos. My boys all get up early and are in shul/yeshiva, but I'm sure at least one of them would have preferred to sleep late if he could (BH they are very good boys and choose to do the right thing, even if it is hard).

The bottom line is EIZEHU ASHIR HASAMEI’ACH B’CHELKO. There is no point comparing - make the best of who you are.

I always wished I was a boy, DH always wished he was a girl. It got sorted out after we met... Cool
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics