Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Does your cleaning lady wear a mask in your house?

Does your help wear a mask in your house?
Yes  
 41%  [ 30 ]
No  
 58%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 73

erm

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:53 am
Yes, I have help. Please don’t judge. I didn’t take help for 6 months, but working full time and having a house full of kids was not working for my sanity. Just wondering how many of you require masks for your cleaning help. Thanks

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:57 am
I don't have anyone on the same floor while she is cleaning.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:59 am
Yes she does. I didn’t ask her to though but if she wants to, I’m fine. If she doesn’t I’m also ok.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:20 am
I don’t. No one is really home except e and I’m in my room working. I’d feel bad to make her do physical work with a mask.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:22 am
No one wears masks where I am so no.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:23 am
I don’t have a cleaning lady, but I know my parents’ cleaning lady wears a mask, without them asking. My mother also generally stays out of the room she’s working in, and drives her home so she doesn’t need to take public transportation.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:24 am
I wish she did. Not because of covid as my family had it already and we have antibodies but these days I cringe when I hear her sneeze or sniffle. I became germ conscious and would rather no one catches her cold or whatever else she might have.

I didn’t have a cleaning lady for around 5 months. I used to have one 3-4 days a week. Now I only have her once a week.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I don’t have a cleaning lady, but I know my parents’ cleaning lady wears a mask, without them asking. My mother also generally stays out of the room she’s working in, and drives her home so she doesn’t need to take public transportation.

She stays out of the room but drives her home? Many more germs in a small car than a room in a house!

tichellady

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:46 am
If I had one then yes I would expect her to wear a mask and I would wear a mask if in the same room as her

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:53 am
No she doesn't wear one and I don't make her wear one.

During the height of covid in this area (March through June) she didn't come at all. She was ready to come back beginning of July and I was fine with that.
I know if she doesn't feel well she cancels and if anyone in our house isn't well I cancel too, basic human respect.

Im never really "close" to her I generally don't feel comfortable being in the same room when she's doing work (even if I am too).

Oh and I believe I have been exposed in many other ways than having her here (my husband is an essential worker) so I really don't mind - in fact I love it, I have a clean house once a week Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:03 am
No she doesn’t and I wouldn’t ask her to. She would tell me if she’s sick.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:07 am
I wish our cleaner did, but after the 30 years working for us, I can't insist. We just stay away from whatever room is being worked on.

pause

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:18 am
If she wants to wear one, I couldn't care less, but she doesn't wear a mask, and that doesn't bother me either. I can't imagine doing all that work with a mask on my face, so I wouldn't make her do it.

challahchallah

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:45 am
Yes, our cleaning lady wears a mask. We wear a mask also and stay out of the room she is in. We open windows and run hepa purifiers as well.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:01 pm
Yes. I have weekly cleaning help. She wears a mask when she comes. For her safety & mine. She’s older and I have immuno compromised individuals in my household. We try to stay in separate rooms when she’s cleaning as much as possible. Also, my cleaning help is very selective in what jobs she takes because she is being careful about covid exposure.

Good Friend

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:16 pm
My maid is here 6 hours a day, most of the time babysitting and a little cleaning. I don't make her wear a mask while she's here. We do pick her up and bring her home so she doesn't have to come on the crowded unsanitary city bus (2 busses and 2 hours each way), and she wears a mask in the car, and she changes her clothes as soon as she gets here.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:34 pm
Good Friend wrote:
My maid is here 6 hours a day, most of the time babysitting and a little cleaning. I don't make her wear a mask while she's here. We do pick her up and bring her home so she doesn't have to come on the crowded unsanitary city bus (2 busses and 2 hours each way), and she wears a mask in the car, and she changes her clothes as soon as she gets here.

Buses are always crowded and unsanitary!
If it takes her 2 hours by bus, how long does it take you back and forth to drive?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
She stays out of the room but drives her home? Many more germs in a small car than a room in a house!

For the ride they both wear masks. My mom isn’t masked in the house even if the cleaning lady is there

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:46 pm
No. She did wear a mask after we had covid and I told her we had covid and she shouldn't come. She came once everyone was done with quarantine. She has since stopped wearing a mask.

Mayflower

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 3:39 pm
Both my cleaning lady and I wear a mask when in the same room. If she's working on a different floor, she takes it off (and so do I).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry