Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid and quarantining the rest of the family

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:19 pm
My husband just tested positive for covid. My kids (and me ) really don't want to quarantine longer if they don't have to. But how does someone separate if... 1) no finish basement 2) no master bathroom 3) nowhere to separate in a spot that has a bathroom . Should I sleep in my kids room like what do I do ?? Any advice helpful . Bh for now he seems to have a mild case .

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:20 pm
You can't really isolate your husband then...

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:21 pm
Unless tou are certain that you didn’t interact with him within 6 feet since he contracted the virus, and you are also certain that you will not do so moving forward, tou all have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

I just did it for the second time,
Most of the country has done it (and much of the developed world). It’s not fun but that’s the right thing.

juggling

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:23 pm
Do you have more than one bathroom in the house? It's okay for the covid positive individual to walk through the hall to get to the bathroom, if they do it quickly and while masked, and everybody else keeps their distance. Designate one bathroom and one nearby bedroom as "his", and the rest of the family should use a different bathroom. You need to sleep in a different room, of course it can be wherever you're comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:29 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Unless tou are certain that you didn’t interact with him within 6 feet since he contracted the virus, and you are also certain that you will not do so moving forward, tou all have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

I just did it for the second time,
Most of the country has done it (and much of the developed world). It’s not fun but that’s the right thing.

I understand we need a quarantine for two weeks but I don't want to have to quarantine 10 days and then 2 weeks

Added it to add plus in those 10 days and it's exposing the rest of us and our quarantine can extend if someone else gets sick

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:38 pm
I have a friend in a similar situation sleeping on a mattress on the floor of her living room this week. 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I have a friend in a similar situation sleeping on a mattress on the floor of her living room this week. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My baby still wakes up and want to sleep with me usually at night so I cant just sleep on the couch

imabima

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:15 pm
My husband had Covid but nobody else in my house was positive so he slept in my bedroom and if he came out wore a mask. He basically stayed in the bedroom (which had an attached bathroom). I served him meals and left them by his door. It wasn't fun but I needed to get back to school ASAP. We could have also made it work without a master bathroom as long as there was a dedicated bathroom for him.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:07 pm
imabima wrote:
My husband had Covid but nobody else in my house was positive so he slept in my bedroom and if he came out wore a mask. He basically stayed in the bedroom (which had an attached bathroom). I served him meals and left them by his door. It wasn't fun but I needed to get back to school ASAP. We could have also made it work without a master bathroom as long as there was a dedicated bathroom for him.

Thanks that was really helpful I think we figured it all out out of curiosity what did you do for shabbos. I just feel bad for my toddler I don't know how long he can hold out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics