Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
If you're going on vacation

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 12:51 pm
Please go out of your way to be polite and courteous. Kiddush Hashem is real, and we really need the PR. Unfortunately the reverse is true as well.

Simcha36

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:08 pm
Q: I would very much like to go on vacation.

I just wonder - why arent ppl concerned about the virus.

My understanding is that it is not over yet.

What gives the confidence to go on plances/ hotels/ restaurants?

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:09 pm
Simcha36 wrote:

Same question.

To me, the best way to avoid chilul Hashem in middle of a pandemic is to avoid unnecessary travel in the first place.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Same question.

To me, the best way to avoid chilul Hashem in middle of a pandemic is to avoid unnecessary travel in the first place.

It's not chilul hashem to travel now. Jews aren't the only one traveling. Everyone can travel and follow guidelines.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:24 pm
Simcha36 wrote:

As someone who is very concerned about the virus, these are my theories:

1) They had it already and didn't suffer much, so even if one can get it again, it's not a big deal to them - it's like the flu

2) They're young and have no pre-existing conditions, so why be concerned about something that statistically will not even affect 1% of them

3) They aren't in close proximity to anyone at-risk

4) They don't want to live in fear. Driving is riskier and no one would consider not driving because of the risk

5)They aren't concerned about spreading the virus because it appears that the virus spreads everywhere - in places with careful restrictions, and in places without

Again - this is just conjecture. I'm okay with living in fear, and I would not go on a pleasure trip now.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
As someone who is very concerned about the virus, these are my theories:

1) They had it already and didn't suffer much, so even if one can get it again, it's not a big deal to them - it's like the flu

2) They're young and have no pre-existing conditions, so why be concerned about something that statistically will not even affect 1% of them

3) They aren't in close proximity to anyone at-risk

4) They don't want to live in fear. Driving is riskier and no one would consider not driving because of the risk

5)They aren't concerned about spreading the virus because it appears that the virus spreads everywhere - in places with careful restrictions, and in places without

Again - this is just conjecture. I'm okay with living in fear, and I would not go on a pleasure trip now.

Your the first “concerned about the virus” open minded pleasure. Been reading all the hateful threads in this site recently which made me feel like a serious killer to society when in reality the above mentioned is exactly how I look at it. This “concerned” can continue staying in but read this and realise that the people going about their life are not animals.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 3:19 am
We did go away and even went on a plane. We are 45 and under so I guess I was less concerned. I also felt like we had been living our life in Israel of course wearing masks and we hadn't caught it yet so I felt like it was worth the risk.I really felt like the mental health of our family was really suffering. We had had a very challenging year I'm sure like many and it literally gave us such a boost that I would certainly do it again if I could. Grant said we got back safe and sound so it's easier to say than if we had caught it .now my husband and I have had the vaccine so I would feel even more comfortable.

Revafe

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 3:21 am
Going back to the original comment about making Kiddush Hashem, please remember that a making a K"H should not be relegated to vacation only. You can be an ambassador for Hashem right here at home with your cleaning lady, your car service driver, your workmates and anyone else you encounter on daily basis.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 5:45 am
I recently flew with United and they showed a very well-done video about COVID on aircrafts. Mayo clinic did a very thorough study and the results showed that aircrafts are the safest indoor place to be... the aircraft's air are different that regular and therefore it kills particles faster... You could read some here, but they present you with more info when you fly...

https://www.united.com/ual/en/......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics