Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Got sick a week after vaccine? (It was a virus)
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Its possibly a side effect. And possibly flu or strep or a stomach virus.

Most side effects are within 3 days of vaccination. So while its possible that OP is having a side effect, its unlikely.

One way or another, refuah shleima.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:11 pm
Turns out it was a virus. Other non vaccinated memebers of my family got sick as well.

elsily

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:16 pm
Refuah shleimah Sad

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:33 pm
I agree with all the posters who are saying that it can be totally unrelated. Other illnesses exist! Refuah shleimah! Did you try taking a painkiller or something?
I got my vax yesterday, bh. Felt a slight headache and some nausea today, but also it’s the second day of my period, so it’s more likely my monthly period headache and nausea! One midol tablet fixed it all!

elsily

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I agree with all the posters who are saying that it can be totally unrelated. Other illnesses exist! Refuah shleimah! Did you try taking a painkiller or something?
I got my vax yesterday, bh. Felt a slight headache and some nausea today, but also it’s the second day of my period, so it’s more likely my monthly period headache and nausea! One midol tablet fixed it all!

She said it was a virus they all got.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 2:40 pm
elsily wrote:
She said it was a virus they all got.

Oy feel better! Bh it’s not vaccine-related!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:24 pm
I just got a sore throat the day before I had the second dose. Maybe it was a preemptive side effect?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:26 pm
Refuah Shelaima! Stomach bugs are going around.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:48 pm
I actually got sick with covid about a week after I got the first dose of the vaccine. posted about this on another thread. it seems I was exposed right before getting the vaccine. it was a pretty mild cold. but if you had covid in march and still had antibodies, it’s likely just another virus, cold. It shouldn’t be from the vaccine. Those side effects would come sooner, within the first 24 hours I believe.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:28 pm
Learning wrote:
It’s probably from the vaccine. Please go to ER or call your doctor and let us know how you are doing. It’s a new vaccine most people are doing fine but we don’t know if some people have bad side affects. The incubation period is a week so it makes sense that it’s from the vaccine.

Just want to point out that this post (as well as many others on this thread) is pure, unvarnished, unsourced, and purely fabricated BS.

There is no “incubation period” for side effects of the vaccine. People can have minor to moderate aches and fever for a day or two following the vaccine, not more. Whoever is feeding you this drivel has an agenda and you should steer clear.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 2:47 am
I have a sore throat 2 days after the vaccine. I can panic and say it's a side effect, or I can be honest and tell you my daughter got a (non-covid) cold the same day I got the vaccine and apparently I got it from her.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:11 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Just want to point out that this post (as well as many others on this thread) is pure, unvarnished, unsourced, and purely fabricated BS.

There is no “incubation period” for side effects of the vaccine. People can have minor to moderate aches and fever for a day or two following the vaccine, not more. Whoever is feeding you this drivel has an agenda and you should steer clear.

Thanks for sharing a well-sourced, well researched, thoughtful post [/s]

ANS

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I know first hand, in my state there were many emergency calls due to vaccine related side effects. My husband is a first responder.

What type of vaccine side effects were so severe that needed emergency intervention? I'm really struggling to decide if my husband and I should get the vaccine. We're both eligible based on our work situations.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I just got a sore throat the day before I had the second dose. Maybe it was a preemptive side effect?

Lol what?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
These posts get me so mad.
Oh, you must’ve been incubating covid. Impossible for a vaccine to make you sick. What’s with you guys ?!????! If you took the vaccine, you are taking part in their human trials. Stop pretending anyone knows if this is ok or not.
Please report your side effects and most of all:
Refuah shelaima. I hope you feel better soon.

I keep saying this but nobody wants to listen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics