Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you went from Traditional decor to Modern, are you comfor
Previous  1  2  3

sari00

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 5:15 pm
Good luck finding a good interior designer will help guide you with what you're looking for.. creating the environment and vibe you want to live in Enjoy 😉

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 5:30 pm
Sterns and accentuations (Brooklyn) can customize to an extent adding or removing gold bullions trims... It would probably be worth your while to walk into one of them and get a feel for it in real life. These stores are definitely pricey. Is there a budget?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 5:44 pm
I also don't understand what you are attempting to do.

Of all places, your home should ideally reflect both your taste and how you live in it. What difference does it make how anyone else decorates a home.

For someone who claims to be a maven, you are also really over-generalizing in terms of different styles and what they convey. There is something between cold Bauhaus ultra modern and a room that my Bubbe would have thought was the height of tchotchke elegance.

I recently remodeled with the help of a decorator and chose what I loved - I don't think it looks like anything except itself because it is a mix of eclectic styles and pieces but it is very "me" I think - for better or worse LOL I kept some stuff I had inherited like the Chinese Art Deco rugs and Chinese Deco armoire - which I remember from my childhood and always loved. But I tossed the brown Victorian china cabinet along with the vaguely French provincial dining room set Smile

I also think the end result is very homey and comfortable Very Happy

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:06 pm
It’s ok pewter. Most of my relatives are Chassidish, and so is my family background.
Almost no one has a house with gold fringe things, and asks for a balabatish look if they’re not Chassidish. ( who even knows what balabatish means if your not chassisdish or pretty connected).
Not sure why the op has a problem with saying she’s Chassidish. I wasn’t coming to knock, I was just explaining it’s a certain taste that she was brought up with.
Nothing to get so so defensive about.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:24 pm
newima wrote:
Churchill furniture
Accentuation by design

https://instagram.com/interior.....9i6u2

https://instagram.com/micky_kl.....i9dth

https://instagram.com/tamirose.....s213z

https://instagram.com/rachelja.....mdaxr

https://instagram.com/shanabin.....fyrq9

THANKS so much, Im enjoying every one of these.

Theyre modern, but very tasteful and very appropriate for frum homes (nice size dining room tables for the larger gatherings we have, etc). Architectural Digest Dining areas are often converted from libraries, when they open a small round table, that wouldnt work for most frum families. I might add some more traditional touches, but these are all stunning even to someone who doesnt want to go modern all the way.

Thanks again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
It’s ok pewter. Most of my relatives are Chassidish, and so is my family background.
Almost no one has a house with gold fringe things, and asks for a balabatish look if they’re not Chassidish. ( who even knows what balabatish means if your not chassisdish or pretty connected).
Not sure why the op has a problem with saying she’s Chassidish. I wasn’t coming to knock, I was just explaining it’s a certain taste that she was brought up with.
Nothing to get so so defensive about.

You can choose to believe what youd like, but I wasnt brought up Chassidish and Im not Chassidish now. I may have picked up the word from others who are.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:39 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
As others have said there seems to be an obsession with trying to copy what the wealthy people have. You also seem to be very aggressive sounding in your posts. A few people have said this so maybe take that into consideration. I’m the type that loves to help with these thing but your tone keeps me from even attempting. Just try googling some things you like.

Hey crimson! I’d love some help with beautiful functional peices yet fresh and current. Any Inspo that you are willing to share?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:58 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Hey crimson! I’d love some help with beautiful functional peices yet fresh and current. Any Inspo that you are willing to share?

Is it ok if I follow, or am I banned?

Bleemee

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:13 pm
OP, when you say “modern” do you really mean “current”?
Are you familiar with the different styles and their elements?
That’s probably a great way to start. Google different home decor styles and see which appeal to you.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I live in Sweden and my home is decorated modern, but more so Scandinavian modern. It’s very warm, even though we use a lot of white and grey. If you have Instagram, you can search skandinaviskhjem or you can google as well and you will probably get many results too.
Hi! Cool to meet someone who actually lives in Sweden in this Scandinavian-obsessed age lol!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:20 pm
FYI- the really rich like a minimalist style.
They don’t like to show off
They have no need to prove anything to any one.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:21 pm
Bleemee wrote:
OP, when you say “modern” do you really mean “current”?
Are you familiar with the different styles and their elements?
That’s probably a great way to start. Google different home decor styles and see which appeal to you.

Very familiar after reading Architectural Digest monthly from cover to cover, since Im married. I used to love it, but I now dont enjoy it any more because the rooms have moved way too modern for me.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I like rich looking bullion fringe, an antique looking piece of furniture, here and there, moldings, and subtle quality gold touches. Can that be incorporated into modern decor, without looking like its a misfit?

What do the wealthy homes look like these days?
Ok. From the original post it didn’t seem like you’re too familiar. What exactly are you looking for? If you’re familiar with the styles can you tell us?
Transitional may be in between but it’s not bullion fringe and gold touches mixed into modern decor. 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it ok if I follow, or am I banned?

Haha Chas Vishalom
Get an idea of what you like. Ask around for frum designers on Instagram. You need to first find one piece of furniture, a favorite wallpaper, a color, a rug, a fireplace, something or anything that makes you feel happy to look at and work around that. Once you have an idea of something that makes your heart feel nice and yummy and gives you a certain feeling of home then you know you are on the right track. You mention that magazines don’t have that heimishe feel but more often than not you can get inspired by a look and try to figure out how you can incorporate it into your world. Magazines can be a wonderful starting point for that one thing that catches your eye. House beautiful, Elle Decor, Architectural Digest and so many more. And again google a chair shape or couch shape that you once saw and thought was beautiful and work from there.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics