Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Transportation options from Monsey to Columbia

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 5:07 am
I have recurring Friday 9AM appointments on Fridays

I'm new to Monsey and need help figuring this out.

How can I get to Columbia and back aside from taking a car service?
[I don't drive - I'm scared too]

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:13 am
Call chesed for ride

thanks

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:15 am
There is an organization that puts people in touch with rides to the hospital. Anyone here know how to reach them?

Otherwise, 11 bus from spring valley to Port authority bus terminal, then the A train downtown.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:00 am
Call the ride organization. Also, Mlnsey trails to BP gets pretty close to Columbia but not sure if the 730 or 8am one do due to traffic - call.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:41 am
Try calling chesed, they might be able to get you a steady ride.
The Monsey trails is also an option.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:44 am
Chesed 24/7 has a shuttle a few times daily.

elisheva25

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:46 am
I am not the Op but what organization gives rides for medical appointments?
Anywhere in NYC?

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:48 am
Chesed-in Bklyn number is 718-218-9000

They can tell you if they have rides from Upstate or refer you to Monsey number.

There is another organization Upstate as well. IDK the name.

Chaya lifeline also has drivers.

These org are free transportation for medical needs. They shadchan drivers with patients. Usually pooled together with other patients but sometimes if no one else is going same time, you can get ride on own. They pick up from home & from hospital. You can switch over with same car, with another person if you take shifts at patients bedside in hospital. Amazing. Let's say they bring new shift, and take home previous shift.

It's for ongoing hospital visits or medical appointments. You need to register patients name, first.

You need to call a little in advance to arrange rides. Not like a car service that you can call a minute before you go. They call you if they have someone going & the timing.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Chesed 24/7 has a shuttle a few times daily.

I'm almost sure the shuttle leaves just once a day at 10:30.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Call the ride organization. Also, Mlnsey trails to BP gets pretty close to Columbia but not sure if the 730 or 8am one do due to traffic - call.

Colombia hospital is in Manhattan. BP is not next to Manhattan. Monsey trails also has buses going to Manhattan direct or to other areas, that later go to Manhattan, as part of their route.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:02 am
Your best bet is to call chesed 24/7 and find out options. They may refer you to private drivers. Also, maybe you can coordinate your appt with their shuttle sch

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:05 pm
Bump does anyone have actual experience getting rides to Manhattan hospitals from Monsey?

I always see it advertised, but I have a hard time actually getting through

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Bump does anyone have actual experience getting rides to Manhattan hospitals from Monsey?

I always see it advertised, but I have a hard time actually getting through

Yes, I got many rides through chesed. Thay took me to & from DD's hospital stay and aslo to all follow up appointments. You need to register as a patient though. I was also registered to take regular shifts with a patient and I also got rides through chesed. If you need a one time ride, the chesed shuttle leaves Monsey in the morning and back from Manhattan in the afternoon.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Yes, I got many rides through chesed. Thay took me to & from DD's hospital stay and aslo to all follow up appointments. You need to register as a patient though. If you need a one time ride, the chesed shuttle leaves Monsey in the morning and back from Manhattan in the afternoon.

Do you know what time it leaves in the morning?
What is needed to register as a patient?
How often does one need to have appointments?

Thank you

bernadette

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:28 pm
It’s a shuttle that leaves Monsey ( bus stop, next to the nursing home on maple) at 10:19?
The driver is mr Brayer? Breuer? from new square. You have to call him and ask his schedule. I’m sorry I don’t have his number.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:31 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Do you know what time it leaves in the morning?
What is needed to register as a patient?
How often does one need to have appointments?

Thank you

You only have to register as a patient for chesed rides. I'm not sure how frequent the appointments have to be to be eligible for rides.The shuttle you can take any time but you have to call the driver before. It leaves New Square at 10 and is by the Maple bus shelter at around 10:15. I think the route back from Manhattan starts at 2. The drivers number us 845-304-1072.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:36 pm
I was told by echo that chessed 24/7 has a daily shuttle leaving Monsey at 10:20am to Manhattan hospitals. Don't know more. Sorry.
I'd say to call them and ask everything you want to know.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:43 pm
24/7 goes 10:15 and then in the afternoon evening. You can call chessed of monsey to register and then they tell you how there ride system works. It’s amazing. +1 (845) 425-4070.

Other option might be bikur cholim not sure how they work.

No monsey bus goes near Columbia safely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries