Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/o school rejection - 5t?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:44 pm
I’m not at the stage of applying for school yet, but will be soon enough. The Monsey thread got me scared. Are the Far Rockaway/Five Towns schools at all like what was described in the other thread? I’m thinking the Bais Yaakov schools, maybe maybe Shulamit, and Darchei, maybe YOSS. I know it’s a very different demographic than the kinds of schools the other thread was discussing, but the schools here are also packed to the gills.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:29 pm
I only have experience with darchei. The interview is a chance for them to sell the school to you and we were accepted on the spot. Reading all these other threads makes me really grateful to be living here.

My friends that send to tag tell me that as long as you apply on time and for preschool you should have no issues getting in.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:32 pm
Everyone gets into their first or second choice.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I only have experience with darchei. The interview is a chance for them to sell the school to you and we were accepted on the spot. Reading all these other threads makes me really grateful to be living here.

My friends that send to tag tell me that as long as you apply on time and for preschool you should have no issues getting in.

Darchei said since they are a community school they feel that they must accept everyone. And they pretty much do.
I know many people who were rejected from TAG. Mostly in nursery, and most got in the next year. Not all

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Darchei said since they are a community school they feel that they must accept everyone. And they pretty much do.
I know many people who were rejected from TAG. Mostly in nursery, and most got in the next year. Not all

My friend who works in TAG told me that some years they have no room. Darchei has a much bigger campus so they have the physical space to build another classroom. She told me that TAG has already turned closets into offices and offices into classrooms. I think it depends how many siblings they have that year.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:04 pm
Tag just added a new wing for offices so not sure when or why she told you that. Also most grades are not full. Last year quite a few classes had 20 kids and they go up to 30.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:10 pm
This is reassuring. Amother Gray, it’s easier to get into TAG for kindergarten than nursery? That’s good because I don’t want to send a 3 year old to such a big school but I was getting nervous I would have to. I don’t need TAG, but it’s definitely on my radar.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is reassuring. Amother Gray, it’s easier to get into TAG for kindergarten than nursery? That’s good because I don’t want to send a 3 year old to such a big school but I was getting nervous I would have to. I don’t need TAG, but it’s definitely on my radar.

Yes there are many more kindergarten classes. Nursery is much harder to get into
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics